Top 10 All Time Favorite METAL Bands

I was going to have Blind Guardian on my list but the past few were not good so it killed it for me. Plus I have no hope for them in the future as well.

See, I really liked the last one. The two before it not so much. Having said that, while I really like their catalog, they don't click with me as much as other bands do, particularly in the power metal realm.

No SOLSTICE???

Oops. Yeah Olstices should be on there

If a band puts out 3 amazing albums and 7 crap albums, if those three amazing albums are amazing enough, then that could be all I need. I don't listen to any BG past Nightfall, no Queensryche past Promised Land, and only 3 or 4 fates warning albums. Shit, Solstice is legit a favourite of mine and its purely for their second album and a couple EPs

Off the top of my head and excluding "rock" bands that would have probably made my list (Tin Lizzy, Rainbow, Purple, Rush, Heep, The Kinks):

Gamma Ray
Helloween
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Saxon
Blind Guardian
Jag Panzer
Candlemass
Running Wild
Virgin Steele

For me any band on this list has to have an pretty extensive (6-7 albums or more) and a mostly consistent catalog (15 releases with 2-3 low quality releases is understandable).

Burzum
Pagan Altar
Manilla Road
Black Sabbath
Mercyful Fate
Saint Vitus
Candlemass
The Chasm
Bathory
Beherit

Something like that probably. I just thought of my top favorite bands of all time from several different genres.