I've been to PPs VI, VIII, IX, and X.

1. Diablo Swing Orchestra (X)
2. Orphaned Land (VI)
3. Sabaton (X)
4. After Forever (VIII)
5. Riverside (IX)
6. Therion (VI)
7. Conception (VI)
8. Pagan's Mind (hard to choose which year as they were awesome at both)
9. Freak Kitchen (VIII Showcase)
10. Elvenking (IX)

Probably the band I'm most dissapointed in having missed? Mercenary

I got to see both After Forever and Therion twice later on during those tours otherwise they'd probably be higher.

1 Diablo Swing Orchestra (PP10)
2 Freak Kitchen (PP7)
3 Jon Oliva's Pain (PP9)
4 Pain of Salvation (PP1) (none of their subsequent performances have done anything for me)
5 Circle II Circle (PP4)
6 Gamma Ray (PP3)
7 Thunderstone (PP7)
8 Crimson Glory (PP10)
9 Superior (PP2)
10 Evergrey (PP1)

Honorable mentions go to Symphorce, Tad Morose, Jag Panzer, Destiny's End, Onward

My top five pre-party/showcase performances:

1 Enertia (PP5)
2 Circle II Circle (PP7)
3 Persephone's Dream (PP3)
4 Orphaned Land accoustic set (PP6)
5 Future's End (PP10)

From PP III onward (including the Showcase):
1) Blind Guardian
2) Helloween
3) Edguy (PPIII)
4) Primal Fear (2009)
5) Tad Morose
6) Angra (PPIII)
7) Therion
8) Symphony X (PPIV)
9) Fates Warning
10) Brainstrom (PPV)

1) Pain Of Salvation (I)
2) Symphony X (IV)
3) Conception (VI)
4) Therion (VI)
5) Nightwish (IV)
6) Zero Hour (I)
7) Mustache (IX)
8) Superior (II)
9) Riverside (IX)
10) Sabaton (X)

Some special mentions:

Symphony X (I) - Just because it was the first time I saw them and got to see them most of the weekend. Russell singing "You are always on my mind" on karaoke night was a highlight.

The Devin Townsend Band (III) - Hilarious set.

Redemption (IV) - Yes, I know, not with Alder, but I thought that they were good enough to pick up their first CD because of that show.

Diablo String Orchestra (X) - Amazing to me that it didn't make the list. It is probably just off of it in #11.

I most regret not going to VIII to see After Forever, since I ended up having a scheduling conflict for the local show and now they are gone. :(

1) All-Star Jam (VIII) - this was hands down the coolest thing I haver ever seen! So many great songs, artists and performances. Something I'll never forget.

2) Brainstorm (V)/Tad Morose (V) - at PPV both these bands were amazing and their performances that weekend are still talked about today. For me it's impossible to pick one over the other.

3) Sabaton (X) - killer set, unbelievable crowd response

4) Circle II Circle (IV) - when Watching In Silence came out it was my favorite album that year. They were the whole reason I came to my first PP and since then I haven't missed one yet.

5) Edguy (V) - I first learned about PP a week after PPIII had passed. PPV was my very first chance to see one of my absolute favorite bands ever!

6) Gamma Ray/Helloween (IX) - individually they were awesome, but the jam at the end was truly special, seeing Kai, Weike & Marcus share the stage.

7) Crimsom Glory (X) - an amazing tribute. I still can't believe you pulled it all off.

8) Pink Cream 69 (VI) - one of my absolute favorite bands that I never thought I'd get to see. I still can't thank Glenn enough for that one.

9) Nightwish (IV) - I was very unfamilliar with them coming in. I'd only heard a few early (more opera vocals) songs and thought I'd hate them. I figured I'd watch a song or two and leave, but they completely blew me away! Plus I can say I got to see them at least once with Tarja.

10) Freak Kitchen (VII & VIII) - I was completely blown away by their talent and their humor. Probably the most fun and unique band I've ever seen.

Honorable Mention

WoMD (V) - fantastic performance. If I hadn't already seen Savatage once before, this probably would have ranked a bit higher

Primal Fear (VIII) & (X) - another of my all-time favorites

Conception (VI) - I'd never heard of them before they were announced. I bought a CD, familiarized myself with their music before the show and thoroughly enjoyed their set, but I can't begin to match the excitement of those longtime fans that thought they'd never get to see this. I can appreciate how rare it was though.

Thunderstone (VII), Jorn (VII), Stratovarius (VI) and Firewind (VIII) - like Pink Cream 69 these are some of my favorites that I never thought I'd get to see.

Circus Maximus (VII), Vision Divine (VIII), Savage Circus (VIII) Saint Deamon (IX) - these are bands I never heard of until they were announced but are now favorites.

1. Angel Dust (PP2)
2. Tad Morose (PP5)
3. Brainstorm (PP5)
4. Edguy (PP3)
5. Ark (PP2)
6. Kamelot (PP2)
7. Zero Hour (PP3)
8. Pagan's Mind (PP8)
9. Circus Maximus (PP10)
10. Evergrey (PP2)

For two reasons, the magic of ProgPower II will never be recaptured. First and foremost, it was a mere two months after 9/11. Everyone was in a heightened emotional state. That most people needed to fly to Atlanta only intensified the emotional state of the festival. And flying there was no small thing. It was a fear of flying in the post 9/11 world that led to Vanden Plas' cancellation. ProgPower 2 was more than just a good time, it was completely cathartic. When people sang the chorus of Angel Dust's "Bleed", it wasn't just singing along with a chorus, it was a collective primal scream. Second, because of the newness of the festival and the fears created by 9/11, there were only 700 people in attendance (someone correct me if I have that number wrong). Earthlink Live/Center Stage felt downright empty. This allowed the musicians to move about the venue freely and just just hang out and relax. Almost all the bands were openly available and as eager to chat and drink as the fans were. If I live to be a thousand, this festival will always be one of my fondest memories.

Zod

Note:

11. Vanden Plas (PP4)

No particular order after the first one:

WoMD (my favorite set of music anywhere, ever. The closet I will ever get to seeing Savatage)
Freak Kitchen (first time - totally blown away, probably the most "fun" set ever, and one of the best crowd reactions a band has ever recieved at PP)
Diablo Swing Orchestra (absolutely stunned by this. Still think them and FK need to play the same night at a future PP)
Sabaton (I know NOTHING about this band before they took the stage. Amazing performance)
All Star Jam (so much fun)
Pain Of Salvation (First PP - Anyone that was there will understand why this is on this list)
Pagan's Mind (every PM has been impressive, but I thought the one at X was the best ever)
Circus Maximus (again, every performance is great, but it seemed like the one at X was again the best)
Vanden Plas (hopefully some day the stars will align and they'll return)
Fates Warning (maybe my favorite band ever, and I've only seen them live once, opening for Dream Theater. Never thought I see a headlining set, and such a perfectly picked setlist)

This was tough to narrow down to ten, as there were so many good ones (Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Orphaned Land, others) that I had to leave off the list.

dt

Circus Maximus (VI)
Pink Cream 69 (VI)
Vision Divine (VII)
Freak Kitchen (VII)
Evergrey (VII)
Primal Fear (VIII)
Pagan's Mind (VIII)
Redemption (VIII)
Riverside (IX)
Iron Savior (IX)
Sabaton (X)