ProgPower USA: Where the Magic Happens...

What are the US debuts this year? I would assume Haken, since they're so new, Red Circuit, maybe Dream Evil, Arcturus, Labyrinth, Voyager and Mob Rules? Are all of these US debuts???

FRIDAY, SEPT. 16, 2011:
Sanctuary (USA) 11:00-close
ARCTURUS (Norway) 9:00-10:15 * +
Mob Rules (Germany) 7:30-8:30 +
Eldritch (Italy) 6:00-7:00 +
Voyager (Australia) 4:30-5:30 *
Creation's End (USA) 3:00-4:00

SATURDAY, SEPT. 17, 2011:
Therion (Sweden) 11:00-close +
Dream Evil (Sweden) 9:00-10:15 +
Labyrinth (Italy) 7:30-8:30 * +
Red Circuit (Germany) 6:00-7:00 * +
While Heaven Wept (USA) 4:30-5:30
Haken (UK) 3:00-4:00 * +

* = US Debut + = US Exclusive

~Jen

Cool list. I'd add, pushing on with the show in 2001, shortly after 9/11. Not a full house for PPII, but a much needed catharsis (I suspect) for most everyone in attendance.

Absolutely Zod
:kickass:

That was my first PP show too

(and it was quite strange FLYING so soon after 9-11)

But seeing Superior, Ark, Symphony X, Evergey and Kamelot all in one place, at a time where seeing a band anything like that where I live in south florida was pretty much a pipedream..... that was absolutely incredible

That was also how I discovered Lance, when Balance of Power opened the first night and I was like "WHOA - who the heck is this guy singing??"
:worship::worship::worship:

That list of U.S. debuts is AMAZING!!!!!!
But this has to be the most special moment in PP history for me

DSC_1778-small.jpg

DSC_1810-small.jpg

Thanks Glenn

You doing the chicken dance then stagediving during Cowboys From Hell makes me laugh my ass off every time I see that video...

That was #1 for me, it was the most amazing thing to see the promoter doing that. And then the next year J-Dubya talked Cristers from Freak Kitchen into doing a stage dive.

Set wish:

Freak Kitchen
Circus Maximus
Rob Rock with CJ, Andreas, Tracy, Peter, Awesome
Kamelot with Michael, Tomy, Jake
And meeting all of the Progpower family, That is what it is all about

If it wasn't for ProgPower I probably would have never seen Angra. This festival is responsible for 8 favorite weekends ever in my life. :D

I've met some super-cool people thanks to ProgPower USA.

It's also pretty amazing that you can meet musicians who are just randomly wandering around. I've also found that you can really get a feel for a band/musician outside of the limelight based on how much they interact with fans off stage. I think HammerFall was pretty amazing in that they were CONSTANTLY wandering around the festival, watching other bands, hanging out with fans, and generally behaving like fans of metal, themselves.

I think ProgPower just provides a safe, intimate environment that makes the bands (and fans!) feel comfortable. :)

Cool list. I'd add, pushing on with the show in 2001, shortly after 9/11. Not a full house for PPII, but a much needed catharsis (I suspect) for most everyone in attendance.

This. It's been a long time, but I distinctly remember that "catharsis" feeling, too.

FRIDAY, SEPT. 16, 2011:
ARCTURUS (Norway) 9:00-10:15 * +

* = US Debut + = US Exclusive

Gotta say, that * + next to Arcturus sends shivers up my spine.

But seeing Superior, Ark, Symphony X, Evergey and Kamelot all in one place, at a time where seeing a band anything like that where I live in south florida was pretty much a pipedream..... that was absolutely incredible

Even though it didn't do well ass-in-seats wise, PPUSA II was a great year for me personally. I never thought I'd ever get to see Superior on these shores, and I did. That was the second time, and sadly, the last.

This. It's been a long time, but I distinctly remember that "catharsis" feeling, too.

I think I saw Godsmack at Darian Lake NY on 9/13 or 9/14. They came out and said they were considering not playing because of what'd happen, but thought everyone needed a really killer rock show more than ever. Since then, I've held them in a respect catagory all their own.

So props to glenn for pushing on with the show, but don't forget to show the bands who played love, too.

Why does Ben Jackson's appearance with Kamelot never get listed in these kinds of threads? He was on stage far longer and much more competently than Midnight, truth be told.