Unusually fun playlist for me on WREK-FM

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
Here's the link:

http://www.wrekage.org/playlists.php (it's the October 25th playlist)

As most of you know, I'm one of the hosts (deejays) for WREKage, Atlanta's longest-running metal radio show, which starts at midnight Friday and ends at 6am on Saturday....or whenever we get tired. (This time, Brian/dcowboys311 decided he was tired at around 3:15 :) )

This past week, the guys who host the psychedelic music show before WREKage, called Stonehenge, were absent.
So, since they've supported us a lot in the past I decided to "do them a solid" and raced down to the studio, and filled in for their show for about an hour (a bit after 11pm to midnight)...then picked the pace up with our show's start, at midnight.

Needless to say, bands like Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Ayreon and Hidria Spacefolk don't get played on the radio too often, so this was a lot of fun...and I got several calls from bemused, but supportive listeners.

--And you can listen to it, too!

Through next Friday, you can listen by going to http://www.wrekage.org and clicking on the "Listen to WREKage" link. My first song -- from Porcupine Tree -- starts about two minutes into the first 30-minute segment, after the station ID.

Alternatively you can go to www.wrek.org and listen there by going to the archives page, and clicking on the time of day. There's a lower-fidelity streaming option there as well.

BTW, I'm not a very good deejay, but we don't get paid for doing this, either.
:)

As a side-note, this show also saw the debut of dcowboys311's 'black-metal-name'.....which I think we've both promptly forgotten. :lol:

WTF was that crap that was on instead of them for a while? It was horrible! Cool that you did that. Stonehenge is one of my favorite shows. They are so aware of the early-prog, psychedelic, jam, canterbury, etc. genres.

I listened for the first time Friday between 12:40 and 2:00 I think...I'm the guy that requested Edge of Sanity

You better have the right album next time! lol j/k.....it was pretty cool

If I'm not doing anything next Friday I'll listen again :heh:

WTF was that crap that was on instead of them for a while? It was horrible!

Random stuff generated from the automation system. It can vary.

Opeth's Ghost Reveries was actually in rotation for about a year, so you could have heard any track from that CD during "rock/rhythm/roll" times. :kickass:

Cool that you did that. Stonehenge is one of my favorite shows. They are so aware of the early-prog, psychedelic, jam, canterbury, etc. genres.

Yep, they do a great show. And they're very cool.

I listened for the first time Friday between 12:40 and 2:00 I think...I'm the guy that requested Edge of Sanity

You could have said something! :)

I thought it was really cool that someone requested EoS. I'd have played something off Swano's Moontower but I'd already started the show off with "Patchworks" (because it has that nifty synth intro).

You better have the right album next time! lol j/k.....it was pretty cool

If I'm not doing anything next Friday I'll listen again :heh:

Awesome. Which CD and song was it, anyway? I might have mis-heard you.

Oh, for anyone trying to listen to the streaming archive via the wrekage site, when the m3u playlist pops up, "open" it instead of trying to save it somewhere. For some reason, the saved playlist results in connection timeouts. :erk:

You could have said something! :)

I thought it was really cool that someone requested EoS. I'd have played something off Swano's Moontower but I'd already started the show off with "Patchworks" (because it has that nifty synth intro).

Awesome. Which CD and song was it, anyway? I might have mis-heard you.

Well I didn't know it was you lol......I wasn't sure who all was on WREKage and on here too. Yeah I just interviewed Dan for a English paper so I was in the Dan Swano/EoS mood but I tuned in like 40 minutes late so I had no idea what was played yet.

And it was Edge of Sanity - Darkday (from the Spectral Sorrows). I've been addicted to that song lately. The opening riff is so epic. :kickass:

Well I didn't know it was you lol......I wasn't sure who all was on WREKage and on here too. Yeah I just interviewed Dan for a English paper so I was in the Dan Swano/EoS mood

Shouldn't that have been for a Swedish paper? :heh:

(Cool that you interviewed him...he was a really nice guy at PPUSA II.)

And it was Edge of Sanity - Darkday (from the Spectral Sorrows). I've been addicted to that song lately. The opening riff is so epic. :kickass:

Hmm, I do believe I'm missing that disc.
Muzt.
Remedy.
Immediately!

--And I thought I had almost everything from EoS, too. I think if you went to Sweden and started kicking rocks, you'd find either an EoS or Nightingale CD hiding under every one. :lol:

Classic rock radio could take some lessons from the Stonehenge guys.

HELL, yes. I really wish they posted their playlists.

And besides, they play Hawkwind. :kickass:

Shouldn't that have been for a Swedish paper? :heh:

(Cool that you interviewed him...he was a really nice guy at PPUSA II.)

Hmm, I do believe I'm missing that disc.
Muzt.
Remedy.
Immediately!

--And I thought I had almost everything from EoS, too. I think if you went to Sweden and started kicking rocks, you'd find either an EoS or Nightingale CD hiding under every one. :lol:

Haha yeah....well we had to interview someone from the field we want to enter (Music Production for me) so I figured who else would be better than Dan...lol

Yeah you should get it. I only have 4 of their albums....I need to get more

Haha yeah....well we had to interview someone from the field we want to enter (Music Production for me) so I figured who else would be better than Dan...lol

Great choice, as I'm sure many will agree.

Not only has he performed with a dizzying array of bands and projects, but there's an amazing amount of variety to what he's written and produced. :worship: