WREKage voted Atlanta's Best Noncommercial Radio Show

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Allow me to do a bit of self-promotion...

As many of you know, both forum user Pellaz and I are involved with GA Tech's metal radio program 'WREKage', Pellaz being a current host and me being a former host/current marketing & web guy. It's a complete labor of love. It is with great honor that I announce that as of this morning, WREKage is the winner of Creative Loafing's annual 'Best of Atlanta' award in the 'Best NonCommercial Radio Show' category. That's right, a METAL show beat out everything from NPR to indie rock shows to rap to world music to anything you can think of.

Those of you interested in the show can listen on Friday nights/Saturday mornings from midnight - 6am on 91.1 FM in the Atlanta area, or stream online at www.wrekage.org (the episodes are archived for two weeks as well, so if you're not a night owl, you can check in the next day). I do think that most of you won't be TOO into the playlists, but give it a shot -- you might surprise yourself.

And, of interest to metal fans of all subgenres, WREKage hosts the Atlanta Metal Event Calendar. I update this to include any and all metal shows coming through the area, whether I like them or not. You have no excuse for being unaware of concerts coming through! Bookmark it!!
www.wrekage.org/events.php

Nice. I listen just about every Friday, and always when in town after a Friday show. I appreciate the work you guys do and the constant quality of stuff that is played.

That's awesome. Thanks for the support!
You guys have some surprisingly good bands out your way! The Ectovoid album is going to end near the top of my best-of-2012 list for sure.

What's especially nifty is that I don't recall us making a huge, concerted push to "get out the vote." (Do you, Brian?)
People might actually, uh, LIKE us! :confused::yow: :tickled:

In any event, it was one of the coolest texts to wake up to this morning. Thanks for letting me know, Bri. :kickass:

Spent most of the '90s listening, found a lot of new bands on there. I use the Atlanta Metal Event Calendar ALL THE TIME, it is my main source for upcoming shows around ATL. Thanks to everyone at WREKage!