Update: Ray Alder confirmed to perform

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
PROGPOWER USA IV TICKETS ON SALE MAY 5, RAY ALDER CONFIRMED TO PERFORM

ATLANTA – Tickets go on sale Monday, May 5 for ProgPower USA IV, which takes place at Atlanta’s Earthlink Live on September 5 and 6.

Ray Alder, vocalist for Fates Warning and Engine, has been confirmed to make a special guest appearance at the show, where he is scheduled to perform with Sensory recording artist Redemption.

Alder will be joined at ProgPower by Finland’s Nightwish and Germany’s Rage, both making exclusive U.S. appearances, New Jersey’s Symphony X, Sweden’s Evergrey, Florida’s Circle II Circle, Germany’s Vanden Plas, Italy’s Secret Sphere, Denmark’s Mercenary, Norway’s Pagan’s Mind, and California’s Redemption, now featuring vocalist Corey Brown, formerly of Magnitude Nine and Psycho Drama.

Other special guests will be added in the coming months.

Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. EDT on May 5 via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 800 general admission tickets are available. All 300 “Gold Badge” tickets for the show sold out within two days over six weeks ago. Last year’s festival - which featured Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Angra, Edguy, Threshold, Pain of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Silent Force, Zero Hour, and Reading Zero - sold out in just six days, four months in advance of the show. Tickets were sold to 36 States and 18 countries as far away as Japan.

ProgPower USA is an affiliate of the ProgPower Europe Festival and is sponsored by Pacific Drums, Sabian Symbols, Evans Drumheads, Shure Microphones, Sensory Records, and Metal Ages Media.

Visit www.progpowerusa.com for complete event information.

For more information, please contact:

Michael Mazur or Debbie Sellnow/Mazur Public Relations, Inc.
Tel: (609) 695-1800 Fax: (609) 695-8860
michael@mazurpr.com / debbie@mazurpr.com
www.mazurpr.com
www.progpower.com

I love it!!!! You rule as always Glenn. Ray is an awesome addition to the festival, and I can't wait to see him perform with Redemption.

Glenn, any idea on when Ray will be arriving??? I would love to have a chance to chat with him. Fates would have been a great choice for PP. Hey, maybe next year!!!! Regardless, great news Glenn!

OK, can somebody clarify for me? Who is doing the vocals on the sample clip on the PP4 site? I see three names mentioned on the band-info page for vocals, so I'm not sure who's actually singing what.

I have to say, IMHO the vocals were the weak point in "Nocturnal".

Rick Mythiasin of Steel Prophet...whose voice does bring down this album considerably

Mythiasin brings *DOWN* the album quality? You can't be serious. Mythiasin is one of the best vocalists in metal, and is certainly better than Ray Alder.