UPDATE: TECHWOOD HOTEL DISCOUNT

I don't think that there was a RI special rate, just the one at Courtyard and Inn at Peachtree.

I don't think that there was a RI special rate, just the one at Courtyard and Inn at Peachtree.

The last message I saw about it from Metal is that she was working on a group rate for the RI, said something like "don't' hold your breath" but I wasn't sure of the final word. Just wondering if all hope for the RI group rate is lost or not :cool:

The last message I saw about it from Metal is that she was working on a group rate for the RI, said something like "don't' hold your breath" but I wasn't sure of the final word. Just wondering if all hope for the RI group rate is lost or not :cool:

I'm still working in it, but it's still looking pretty bleak to be honest. I've got one final "tactic" I'm going to try this week, but as I said, Don't hold your breath. The only thing I can say is I gave it my all for the RI. I'll for sure work on that one next year as well.

-Metal

Hate to tell you folks. I was unable to work anything with the RI. I've been asked to be notified once rooms become avail so I can see if I can get a group rate there, but I don't think there will be enough rooms open at once to be able to pull it off. *sigh*

As for the TECHWOOD:

10 rooms have been added for Wed- 5 King (Don't ask me why, I didn't want kings we already have a handful of those left over) and 5 Queen.

If we run out of queens, let me know and I'll see if I can change some kings to the queens.

Hate to tell you folks. I was unable to work anything with the RI. I've been asked to be notified once rooms become avail so I can see if I can get a group rate there, but I don't think there will be enough rooms open at once to be able to pull it off. *sigh*

As for the TECHWOOD:

10 rooms have been added for Wed- 5 King (Don't ask me why, I didn't want kings we already have a handful of those left over) and 5 Queen.

If we run out of queens, let me know and I'll see if I can change some kings to the queens.

COOL! But, why Wed.? The fest starts Friday. & the showcase isn't until Thurs. I don't think I can afford the showcase & the fest! So, we'll be there just for that. Any hopes fo discounts for those not able to attend the showcase, & not getting there until say Thurs night or Fri AM?

Yes, you don't have to use all the nights in the block of rooms.

Wed night last year Jon Oliva played an accoustic show and some others get there one night early to hang out with friends and do some other PP related activities.

If you are only going to be there Thur/Fri- Sunday, you are still able to book at the discount rate for those nights only.

-MetalRose

Yes, you don't have to use all the nights in the block of rooms.

Wed night last year Jon Oliva played an accoustic show and some others get there one night early to hang out with friends and do some other PP related activities.

If you are only going to be there Thur/Fri- Sunday, you are still able to book at the discount rate for those nights only.

-MetalRose

COOL! Well, thanx. So, when it comes time to book the room, do we have to tell the hotel anything special, like we're here for PPUSA? To get the rates they quoted you I mean? & this hotel, I am sure it's resonably priced, but what is it for just 1 room? I can sleep in just a queen w/my gf. & are they nice, or dives?

Karaoke should also return next year, on Wednesday night. :headbang:
NEXT time I'll bring along my Fates Warning CDs. :)

--Glenn said he'd like to have the same guy (Jory) back, and he said he'd like to return, so it looks good....

COOL! Well, thanx. So, when it comes time to book the room, do we have to tell the hotel anything special, like we're here for PPUSA? To get the rates they quoted you I mean? & this hotel, I am sure it's resonably priced, but what is it for just 1 room? I can sleep in just a queen w/my gf. & are they nice, or dives?

All that information is in the first post. The place is pretty nice to be honest. I stayed there a couple of years ago. It is about .5 mile from the venue, about a 20 minute walk give or take. It's not horrible at all. In fact, there will be quite a few people staying there.

Single room beds are large enough to sleep two adults comfortably. And the rates are $135 a night (down from $150-$250) Kings and queens avail.

You will need to tell them you are with ProgPower 9 in order to get the group rate. The phone number is on the first post of the thread here.

I haven't checked on avail yet, but I know I have to have at least 80% of the entire weekend booked so I don't get slammed with covering the overages, so get the word out that there is a discounted rate please!

-MetalRose

All that information is in the first post. The place is pretty nice to be honest. I stayed there a couple of years ago. It is about .5 mile from the venue, about a 20 minute walk give or take. It's not horrible at all. In fact, there will be quite a few people staying there.

Single room beds are large enough to sleep two adults comfortably. And the rates are $135 a night (down from $150-$250) Kings and queens avail.

You will need to tell them you are with ProgPower 9 in order to get the group rate. The phone number is on the first post of the thread here.

I haven't checked on avail yet, but I know I have to have at least 80% of the entire weekend booked so I don't get slammed with covering the overages, so get the word out that there is a discounted rate please!

-MetalRose

That's cool! I know that hotel is nice, but I was hoping there would be some hotels there that are nice, but also not so expensive either. I'd found one last for this ytear's when I THOUGHT we WERE going! :( & it was not even $100, but I can't remember which hotel it was...

I booked our room tonight. Wooh! $465 just for the room for 3 nights! DAMN! It'll be worth it though!
:headbang: Now, we gotta look into some decent priced flights! I wonder if there'd be enough people on here from CT to get a group rate for that too? :p That'd be sweet! I just wish they could confirm the HL's so as they could announce them!

I booked our room tonight. Wooh! $465 just for the room for 3 nights! DAMN! It'll be worth it though!
:headbang: Now, we gotta look into some decent priced flights! I wonder if there'd be enough people on here from CT to get a group rate for that too? :p That'd be sweet! I just wish they could confirm the HL's so as they could announce them!

Actually, I wonder if an airline could be convinced to offer an event discount for us, since so many of us fly in?
We used to do this with Dragon*Con, where Delta would be the 'official airline' and would offer a percentage -- not huge -- off their regular rates.......

Actually, I wonder if an airline could be convinced to offer an event discount for us, since so many of us fly in?
We used to do this with Dragon*Con, where Delta would be the 'official airline' and would offer a percentage -- not huge -- off their regular rates.......

NO SHIT!? Damn, well, anywone know anyone in the T&T biz? or who works at Bradley? ;)

That doesn't sound right. Are you including the taxes and what not? All rooms should be $135 unless they are totally booked at that rate...

-Metal

That doesn't sound right. Are you including the taxes and what not? All rooms should be $135 unless they are totally booked at that rate...

-Metal

Metal, are you referring to what I paid? That was for 3 nights stay. Not just for one night. $135 per night for 3 nights w/tax came to $465!

Metal, are you referring to what I paid? That was for 3 nights stay. Not just for one night. $135 per night for 3 nights w/tax came to $465!

Yep, just making sure you were including tax in your rate. Not too shabby! And if you're paying half and your girlfriend is paying half, it's going to be like 232.50 for 3 nights! CHEAP!

-Metal