What's Going to Be the Big Selling CD at PP this Year?

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
In past years, it seems there was always one CD that everyone was looking for. Iron Maiden's Dance of Death sold out quickly. Symphony X's The Odyssey was a big seller too.

What CDs should I be looking out for that will be going fast.

I already plan on getting Nightwish's Once and Threshold's Subsurface

Steve

"Be" will be #1 by far as it will be the first place in the world where it is available (provided it does arrive in time, that is not confirmed yet) and be an exclusive through Inside Out.

Mercenary's "11 Dreams" and Riverside's "Out of Myself" should move quickly as they are not readily available yet. Plus, both should be considered Top 5 of the year releases.

I doubt the new Nightwish will be a big seller simply because there will not be many available due to the import cost and upcoming domestic release. I also do not believe that "Tage Mahal" will be available at the show.

Otherwise, I think a lot of the back catalog of the performers will move as new fans will be won over.

Glenn H.

I hope I can snag Once though. I would feel dirty buying the American release knowing I gave Roadrunner money to pump into the new Coal Chamber or whatever else horrific shit is on that label now.

Ben

Vox Tempus "In The Eye Of Time"!!!!!! Will be exclusive to Prog Power attendees!!!! A CAN'T MISS!!!!

Unfortunately the 'Tage Mahal Cd will not be available since the US release date is scheduled for October 26th!

Vox Tempus are an extremely melodic Prog metal/hard rock band that touch on all aspects of progressive music. The perfect amount of heaviness, prog, and melody in a beautiful package called "In The Eye Of Time". To hear clips go to www.vox-tempus.com

I'll be looking for the latest Dead Soul Tribe (I think that one should be out) along with PoS.

Other September/October releases I'm looking forward to are Megadeth and Fates Warning.

Daybreaker said:
I hope I can snag Once though. I would feel dirty buying the American release knowing I gave Roadrunner money to pump into the new Coal Chamber or whatever else horrific shit is on that label now.

Ben
That is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Roadrunner has been signing quality metal bands for the past couple of years. Coal Chamber isnt ever around any more. So you wont buy the US release....if everyone took this attitude Nightwish will never stand a chance in the US, and everyone will go back to buying their cd's at import prices. Really smart, the band finally gets a great deal on a decent label, and now they have been branded with the sellout tag...

I'll be looking for the new Silent Force - World's Apart disc. It's releasing on the 20th, so hopefully Ken will have his stock in hand(said in a very hopeful tone).

:worship:

Maybe many of the proggers will be storming for a "Modus Vivendi" CD after Tad Morose plays. I'm not picking at proggers as I lean toward prog normally, but those guys are going to peel the paint off the walls at Earthlink. That is by leaps and bounds my top disc of 2004 so far.

Bryant