What's Going to Be the Big Selling CD at PP this Year?

If Mercenary's "11 Dreams" gets some airplay over the PA before and between the sets, it should be a BIG seller. It's my favorite CD of the year (tied with "The Glorious Burden" by Iced Earth).

I think part of the problem with the US market and any heavy metal band is that by the time the label finally releases the CD in the US, lots of the fans already have the CD from overseas.

I know I already have Nightwish's Once, and I know others do as well.

So I think it kinda skews the numbers a little - in that a band might think it has no fans when in fact it does.

I remember Tuomas saying that on the Century Child album - how people knew the songs over here, yet it hadn't even been released yet in the US. So who knows...

I'm looking forward to

Mercenary - 11 Dreams
Silent Force's new one
Pain of Salvation - BE

And other bands - if they're out in time. Angra, etc.

Bryant said:
Maybe many of the proggers will be storming for a "Modus Vivendi" CD after Tad Morose plays. I'm not picking at proggers as I lean toward prog normally, but those guys are going to peel the paint off the walls at Earthlink. That is by leaps and bounds my top disc of 2004 so far.

Bryant

I agree about this cd!! I am so excited for tad morose as although they kicked ass in Milwaukee, they definitely will be better appreciated here:headbang:

I already have Modus Vivendi. I bought it "band unheard" after the PP bill was announced. I've since bought Undead, and really really like this band. MV is an incredible album!

Steve

Bryant said:
Maybe many of the proggers will be storming for a "Modus Vivendi" CD after Tad Morose plays. I'm not picking at proggers as I lean toward prog normally, but those guys are going to peel the paint off the walls at Earthlink. That is by leaps and bounds my top disc of 2004 so far.

Bryant
I own every Tad Morose release but I think "Modus Vivendi" is a turd.

Also, BE is going to infuriate a lot of people.

I'll be snapping up the new POS for sure and possibly the new Mercenary...also not sure if the Dead Soul Tribe new one is available, I have been saving most of my money to buy CD's at Progpower that I don't know what's out and what's not. :)

ProgMetalFan said:
I own every Tad Morose release but I think "Modus Vivendi" is a turd.

Also, BE is going to infuriate a lot of people.

Ooooooooh !! Why you... flim flammin casa frackin.........

To each his own, but I think it rocks. I love the twin guitar work, lead vox, harmony vox and drums. Pretty strong release in my ears.

Bryant

yosemite.gif

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam01.wav

any chance the new Fates Warning CD will be sold?..if only Metal Blade were showing up...

also slightly curious if the new Enchant live DVD or CD might be there from I/O since they'll have a table.

Otherwise for me, it's just Be..anything else i find would have to be an old or rare jem. If a copy of the Ltd Edition TPE Part 1 were there, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat, as the only place it seems to show up now is Ebay.

Kyle

PowerFreak said:
Don't forget the new Enertia CD 'Force' comes out Tuesday the 14th, so will be available at ProgPower.

The new CD is the best yet and Neil Kernon produced it, so you know it doesn't sound like ass. :worship:

Zilla

JOE PACIOLLA FROM "ENERTIA" WILL BE SELLING THEIR NEW CD AT OUR WWW.CDINZANE.COM BOOTH. WE JUST RECIEVED 240 OF THEM OVERNIGHT FROM JVC. THESE GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO UP THE FULL PACKAGE. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF IT IS A TOP SELLER THIS YEAR AND IF THE BAND ENDS UP PLAYING PROG NEXT YEAR. THE CD IS PURE AMERICAN METAL AT IT'S FINEST...

SARAH MILLER-CD INZANE MINNEAPOLIS

CD INZANE said:
JOE PACIOLLA FROM "ENERTIA" WILL BE SELLING THEIR NEW CD AT OUR WWW.CDINZANE.COM BOOTH. WE JUST RECIEVED 240 OF THEM OVERNIGHT FROM JVC. THESE GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO UP THE FULL PACKAGE. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF IT IS A TOP SELLER THIS YEAR AND IF THE BAND ENDS UP PLAYING PROG NEXT YEAR. THE CD IS PURE AMERICAN METAL AT IT'S FINEST...

SARAH MILLER-CD INZANE MINNEAPOLIS
were you at the Record Show today?
just curious..I'll see you next weekend. Good to see i'm not the only Minnesotan that will be there ;).

Kyle

dargormudshark said:
Yeah, Bryant better fall in love with PoS saturday night or else he is a "No good Bushwackin' Barracuda" :)

Ha ha ha you can probably forget that. I will never dismiss a band before I hear them (even for the second time.) Maybe someone will crack me over the head with a bottle or POS will all of a sudden change directions, but I doubt it. I just don't "get them." It's nothing personal, but I will probably be eating a cheeseburger, drinking a beer and chatting with buddies at the restaurant during most of POS.

Bryant