What's the best band gimmick you've seen?

lady_space said:
Impotent Sea Snakes! I forgot all about them! What a hoot.

Y'know... come to think of it, I actually saw the Genitorturers open for Gwar twice... once in WPB, once in Orlando... talk about a helluva show! I was 16 and impressionable... lol
I was at that show in West Palm Bach in like 90/91, the place was called the PIT right? What a great show. My long blonde hair was red and pink for 2 weeks after that show. I went to college in Ft Lauderdale during those years, saw a lot of killer shows there.

Creeps said:
I was at that show in West Palm Bach in like 90/91, the place was called the PIT right? What a great show. My long blonde hair was red and pink for 2 weeks after that show. I went to college in Ft Lauderdale during those years, saw a lot of killer shows there.
Dude! That's such a trip!! Yeah, it was the Pit, but I think it was called 21 North at that point. I believe it was January '91. I was the girl behind the soda bar. :) I was buddies with the owner, Ross, for a while. They painted the floor 3 times and it was *still* pink! lol We decided to go to the Orlando show the next day, and left a sign on the door that said "Closed due to GWAR!"

The weirdest thing about that show was talking to the girl who got her nipples 'pierced' or whatever onstage before the show... she was studying for an algebra test. So I'm kinda helping her with her algebra, then I look up a while later and there she is, getting... well, genitortured!:tickled:

lady_space said:
Dude! That's such a trip!! Yeah, it was the Pit, but I think it was called 21 North at that point. I believe it was January '91. I was the girl behind the soda bar. :) I was buddies with the owner, Ross, for a while. They painted the floor 3 times and it was *still* pink! lol We decided to go to the Orlando show the next day, and left a sign on the door that said "Closed due to GWAR!"

The weirdest thing about that show was talking to the girl who got her nipples 'pierced' or whatever onstage before the show... she was studying for an algebra test. So I'm kinda helping her with her algebra, then I look up a while later and there she is, getting... well, genitortured!:tickled:
small world huh? Any other notable shows you went to in that area? Slayer/Testament was a good one.

Creeps said:
yah, but to the Godfather of heavy metal her preceeded KISS...

Alice Cooper.
-nuff said

and Gwar :)

At the risk of dating myself...
Before KISS, before Alice, there was a true revoluntionary, the man who really started it all, the God of Hellfire...
Arthur Brown.

Creeps said:
small world huh? Any other notable shows you went to in that area? Slayer/Testament was a good one.
Nah, I was only in West Palm for a couple of months... by the time Slayer & Testament made their rounds, I was back up this way and saw them here in Atlanta.

/cues Disney tune... "It's a small world, after all..."