What's the best live set you've seen all year?

Not my set of the year, but considering that I really went to see my friends in Blackguard play, Metsatoll were awesome.. Probably top 10-15 this year for sure.

I saw them with Jesse (before his departure), than with Howard, and now with Jesse again. They killed it all three times.

I've never seen them live and I've been a fan since 2002. I had tickets to see them with Mastodon and Slayer (!!!!!) in 2004 I think and I couldn't go, and then I was supposed to see them in '10 with Dark Tranquillity (and for those shows Phil Labante was the fill in singer and Jesse apparently came on to do some songs) but couldn't make that either.

Have heard nothing but amazing things about their show. Definitely going to try my best to catch them with this line up at some point! I feel like the packages they've been touring on have been really lame - it would be so cool to see them take out bands like Rorschach or From Ashes Rise but it's never going to happen.

I have to say I can't agree with all the glowing Reign of Kindo comments here. I saw them live recently for the first time and was disappointed to find that those subtle melodies and instrumentation did not translate well live. :cry: vocals sound pretty plain too. oh well. . I do like their "live in studio" clips on youtube a lot, but it didn't sound close to that in real life.

I wanted to wait until I had seen Jon Oliva's set in Joliet before making my decision, as that was the last show I planned to see for the year. After thinking back to all of the incredible sets I witnessed this year, I have to go with Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The performance was energetic, spot-on, and totally professional. The set list had something for everybody who enjoys Turilli's work: fist-pumpers, epics, ballads, classics, and the best in new material. The addition of the stage dancer, the giant screen, and the snow served to cap off what was already an explosive show. I haven't stopped talking about the show since.

That said, there were a lot of wonderful contenders, most of which performed at ProgPower; Morglbl, Myrath, Wolverine, Ashes Of Ares, Shadow Gallery, Heaven's Cry, Circus Maximus, and Armored Saint absolutely slayed. In addition, I was very impressed this year by Firewind, Anneke Van Giersbergen, Pain Of Salvation (who was definitely in the running for my pick), The Winery Dogs, Helloween, Zappa Plays Zappa, and Fates Warning. Looking back, it was an excellent year for concerts.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Now that 2013 is coming to an end I can honestly say that one show stood above them all;

Fates Warning was perfect. Great set list, Ray was dead on, the sound was fantastic...just awesome!
Myrath was a close second. They were expected to be good, but they blew me away! After hearing of all of their problems getting to Atlanta, that made it more impressive!
Armored Saint was a pretty memorable set, as was Circus Maximus. All in all it was a great year!

I didn't get out for to many shows this year. So this makes my pick simple. AMON AMARTH!!!!