The Worse Band(s) You've Ever Seen in a Live Environment

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Zod's comment regarding how wonderful of a time he had at the Crowbar set opening for CoC prompted me to start this thread. I just *know* some of you will have some great answers to this, with funny explanations as to why.

So that being said, which band you've seen live was the ultimate worst and why?

I can think of two right now, but I know that as the thread progresses, I will think of more:

Darkest Hour - Nothing has ever sounded more painful, annoying and boring than that. Ever.

Napalm Death - The bottom line is that they suck. Period.

The first thing that comes to mind are bands that have been totally drunk on stage... A few that I recall are:
UFO in London. I remember Pete Way falling asleep, leaning against the drum set.
Saga in Stockholm. Guitarist kept falling over.
Motorhead with Robbo in Lund. Lemmy actually apologized for Robbo's behavior...
As far as bands being really bad without being drunk... I saw The Misfits headline for The Gathering once. The Gathering was magical but The Misfits were an absolute joke. Probably the worst crap I've ever seen.
I happened to see Peter Frampton in Italy once a long time ago. Incredibly bad. Didn't seem like any of the band members (except Frampton perhaps) could handle their instruments at all.

Do local deathcore bands tacked onto power metal bills count?

I was trying to stay away from local bands, since chances are they would completely populate every single list on the thread. Try to stick with the touring acts. We know there's plenty of bad CT deathcore crap.... :lol:

Whitechapel. Summer Slaughter '08 in Canada. Fuck that band. Worse than most of the shitty local groups around town. Three guitars playing the same breakdown, terribad BROCORE vocalist and yet their sound was still empty and their entire performance was contrived and forced. About halfway through the show one of the guitarists packed up in the middle of the song and left the stage, didn't come back. Beneath the Massacre went on immediately afterwards with only one guitarist and completely filled the room with their massive sound.

Then Into Eternity went on and made everyone else look like gibbering fools. :D

I was trying to stay away from local bands, since chances are they would completely populate every single list on the thread. Try to stick with the touring acts. We know there's plenty of bad CT deathcore crap.... :lol:

I feel like bad CT deathcore should have its own special category, but understood. :lol:

I dunno, I really haven't seen that many terrible bands yet. :| Threat Signal weren't very good when I saw them... I'd say Mutiny Within but that was a case of mismatched billing (opening for Sonata) more than anything.

Oh, actually! I did not like Rob Zombie live at all. That was some of the most ridiculous macho-posturing I've ever seen and I sort of wish I walked out halfway through instead of hoping it would get better. Even worse, this followed Alice Cooper, who was quite amazing.

Neurosis - Ozzfest 96, just sounded like absolute dogshit, one big wall of sound

Eyehategod - Opening for Pantera and White Zombie. Sorry just can't into the whole sludge thing.