What's the Scene like in your area?

Feb 21, 2006
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
What kind of music scene is dominant in your area? I live in Windsor, Ontario, and this area has a huge Hardcore/Emo Scene. It started getting bigger while I was in highschool, where people would gather at shows. Anyway, I never actually attained any sort of membership in the Scene because I can't stand any of the music.

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what seems to be big, or influencial, in your area.

uhhh...country, rap, and shit.

metalcore too...in certain areas.

and there are alooooot of scenesters around...its disturbing...

sydney has a great selection of bands and a healthy live music scene, with live music happening every night at most pubs. the metal scene is small but healthy, and has some amazing bands and fans alike. we are starting to get a lot more international tours which is fantastic, exodus/haunted last night was testament to that

death metal started here
immortal.gif

I pulled this off facebook lol.

1. DMB
2. Jack Johnson
3. Coldplay
4. The Beatles
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Incubus
7. Kenny Chesney
8. OAR
9. Green Day
10. The Killers

Not horrible.
edit - nevermind there is some shit in there

fayetteville NC is all gay ass "metal" which is really just power chords and some fag screaming his little emo heart out....

...then there is a handful of pop punk and ska bands too, so all in all, nothing good.

I go to school in rural New Hampshire...

they like country up here :puke:

But at home in MA.....hardcore (HATE THESE KIDS), emo/screamo, and metalcore. I must see a fucking Lamb of God hoodie every god damn day.

here in Leeds: indie/rnb
back at home in newcastle: hardcore trance/rave

there's a goth hangout in newcastle but theyre all just kids cutting themselves over the latest marylin manson record, no metal scene really until gigs come to town.

nowhere likes my music :(

home: most of those bumblefucks dont own a radio, but the ones that do, listen to country or pop

here at college: more diversity, add rap to the above mentioned styles. maybe 30 kids on campus that listen to any sort of metal.

Mostly rap/hiphop, country, and screamo/emo...

On campus there is barely anyone who listens to metal...most of them say "Does your shirt say Oprah?" Or I get the confused look with my The Haunted shirt...no one understands good music anymore.

Metal music is pretty big here, but i think some of the people are just posers.
Imatra even has a good band:Scent of Flesh
And one bad band:Twilightning

Well, I'm from Bergen, Norway, there are some great bands i the Bergen scene. Lots of cool jazz, and classic extreme bands like Enslaved and Immortal (RIP) originate from Bergen. I'm pretty satisfied with the scene here, loads of concerts and festivities, especially compared to the size of the town. Also, Varg (the ex-mayhem, church burner, nazi guy) lived around here, I've been led to believe i go to the same school as he went to :headbang: .

This on the other hand is a good thread. . . . .

I live in Oklahoma, USA, and actually the music scene here is very much badass at the moment....there's a lot of psychadellic music being pumped out....the best band here is KUNEK from Stillwater, OKLAHOMA, they will be play in Austin at the SOuth by southwest gig, so I wish those guys the best of luck....they have a gig in NYC coming up soon as well, so if anyone is from that area they should check them out, their debut album is called "Flight of the Flynns"

then there's psychadellic jazzy jam bands like Harmonious Monk, the Ills and then some other crazy shit, and a lot of crappy EMO bands as well but

KUNEK
the Ills
and Harmonious Monk rock out!

Torenstain said:
Well, I'm from Bergen, Norway, there are some great bands i the Bergen scene. Lots of cool jazz, and classic extreme bands like Enslaved and Immortal (RIP) originate from Bergen. I'm pretty satisfied with the scene here, loads of concerts and festivities, especially compared to the size of the town. Also, Varg (the ex-mayhem, church burner, nazi guy) lived around here, I've been led to believe i go to the same school as he went to :headbang: .

That was suppose to be my answer :loco: I live in Bergen, Norway aswell :D

Came to the United States about a year back from India. In India, the scene is bleak. Its usually hip-hop, indie pop, disco, indian carnatic and hindustani. Rock scene is predominantly of the old days there - good old british heavy metal, classic rock, a bit of jazz and blues. Of late, some nu-metal is getting popular among the teenagers. But, overall, in a population of over 90 million, there could be about 200,000 who are actually blues/jazz/rock/metal fans.

Here in the US, I live in Tennessee - again, its bleak for metal. " Ya' all must stop listening to that....its not right ya know...its all evil..."

I live in a small forest town called Blacklick outside of Columbus Ohio, Columbus is highly infected with rappers, wiggers, and Hatebreed fans. If I go up north in Cleveland their is a lot more rockers and metalheads. Columbus is turning into a big black ghetto, hopefully I will be leaving this shitty state soon, and start to head out west again.