What's the Scene like in your area?

DeviousDVO said:
My town is lame as hell. Only about 800 people and they all either listen to country, rap or emo :rolleyes:

The only people I've met with similar taste in music I've met online.

i wish there were 800 ppl in my hometown. we got our first red light about 2 years ago and it was big thing. i dont know what i'd do if it weren't for the internet, perhaps perish of isolation.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Metalcore. It sucks. Theres a small thrash/death metal scene here too. But the scenesters have taken over. Lets hope the Metalcore trend dies fast.

I agree. There's nothing quite as retarded as c00r kids fucking with Metal and then telling me it's better than what I listen to. I don't really make a big deal out of the bands I listen to around here, but the Scenesters are always trying to get me to listen to their pathetic shit: Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Norma Jean, Deathcab for Cutie, etc.

Actually, nothing is more amusing than when people I know come to me and ask me to listen to their music (which is very Scene-oriented) and when I don't like it, they get defensive. I'm very much uninvolved, but the only reason why I know a considerable amount on the Scene here is because people shove it in your face and proclaim that it is true Metal. That's when the "Opeth sucks" comments start, followed by, "Opeth fans are arrogant assholes."

I guess I'm not the only one living in an area with a shitty scene.

Indie, emo, nu metal. I was the only person to ever listen to metal back at school, and even now the heaviest they get to is Korn and Slipknot.

Here in the West of England, we have the Bristol Sound 'yuk' 'Drum n Bass,' Roni Size, He's OK, he went to the same school as me only 30 years l8r. :) Dance culture the usual PAP, and Massive Attack.

Previously Portishead and Tears for Fears from Bath.

Only real metal is Onslaught 'Thrash' relaunching their career "Good Luck Guys" and a new band called "Burning Beneath" not seen them yet, a guy in the paper shop told me about them when I bought my Hi-Fi mag and Terrorizor ;)

I hope we get Opeth playing here one day soon to give this city a Kick in the Complacency, hehe. :headbang:

Oh we got MortIIs playing here in a month or two.

The only grind band here is a bunch of emo kids thinking it fun to take the piss. The funny thing is, it's not the fact they are taking the piss that makes people laugh, it's that they're a bunch of weiners who weigh 5 stone trying to do music only real men are capable of.

I seriously have no fucking idea. There was a club down the road that used to have some metal shows, but it looks like it shut down after the Metalfest, perhaps never to open again.

in Belgium there is a growing death metal scene wich has already produced some known bands (aborted, in quest), but the place I live is mostly hardcore (also a flowering scene, but I'm not in too it).
besides, we have Graspop, one of the best fucking metal (and somewhat hardcore) festival in the world ;)

I live in Copenhagen. Even though Denmark is situated right between Germany and Sweden our metal scene is very little. Very few people here like metal. Sure there are some, but in Copenhagen especially Hip-Hop is most popular form of music. Of course there is always your Korn and Slipknot fan, usually some 14-15 year old who listens to them.
We do have goths and even a nightclub for them, but it's not really something you notice around and most of them properly don't listen to metal anyway...

I don't think EMO has made it so big here...I know very little of that genre, can anyone mention any bands.