Where are the Whitesnake clones?

If I band that I like is continuing to produce the music in the style I love, then I agree with you. However, if that same band no longer exists, no longer makes music of that style, or simply takes too damn long to put out a disc, then bring on the clones.
Exactly my reasoning on PRIMAL FEAR. They were carrying the JUDAS PRIEST torch while JP were still fucking around trying to pick up the pieces. Thank God for PF then...and now.

If I band that I like is continuing to produce the music in the style I love, then I agree with you. However, if that same band no longer exists, no longer makes music of that style, or simply takes too damn long to put out a disc, then bring on the clones.

Glenn, while we're on the subject, have you heard Whitesnake's new songs from the Live In the Shadow of the Blues discs? I have not heard them personally and haven't gotten around to buying the live set. I was kind of hoping for a U.S. release of that, but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

Your thoughts?

~Brian~

The album is available on I-tunes. I like all four of the new ones, but only one is of the quality of Coverdale's last solo disc.

I've had that last solo disc of his for awhile, but I honestly haven't listened to it much. I need to pull it out tomorrow and revisit it.

I might just download the 4 new tracks then and be done with it.

thanks

~Brian~

Well, believe it or not, a local store here in town has the Wicked Sensation - Reflections disc, so I checked it out during my lunch break. I have to be honest guys, I'm not feelin' it. What am I missing here?

Well, believe it or not, a local store here in town has the Wicked Sensation - Reflections disc, so I checked it out during my lunch break. I have to be honest guys, I'm not feelin' it. What am I missing here?

"Stand Tall" & "Love is Strange."

If you can't get the vibe from those two, then I will chalk it up to a space-time anomaly in TN.

Glenn, while we're on the subject, have you heard Whitesnake's new songs from the Live In the Shadow of the Blues discs? I have not heard them personally and haven't gotten around to buying the live set. I was kind of hoping for a U.S. release of that, but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

Your thoughts?

~Brian~

I've heard 'em, quite good except for "All I Want Is You" which is rather *blah*
Some great solos by Aldrich and Beach, who finally gets about equal time to shred - :kickass:

I've heard 'em, quite good except for "All I Want Is You" which is rather *blah*
Some great solos by Aldrich and Beach, who finally gets about equal time to shred - :kickass:

I think I'm just going to break down and buy the whole darned thing. I watched Aldrich the other night on the Dio - Holy Diver Live DVD. If you haven't checked that out, then do so. :headbang: Rudy Sarzo is fun to watch on that DVD too.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one, but you might want to check out Axel Rudi Pell's albums with Johnny Gioeli singing on them. He was also in Hardline with Neal Schon. Anyway check out Kings And Queens. That is my personal favorite.

BTW- You also get Mike Terranaon the last couple albums.

www.axel-rudi-pell.de

Look for anything by KEN TAMPLIN especially his Christian Metal band SHOUT.

Listen to the song "Borderline" and you'll swear its Coverdale.

DrumRman, I wanted to let you know that I actually ran actoss a Shout disc during my lunch break at a used cd store here in town. I picked it up and you're right. Ken Tamplin is a very good David Coverdale clone! It's good stuff! :headbang: :kickass: