Why Did Alexi switch Amp's after S.W.?

sir Royal Eddie

Awesome Member
Feb 21, 2007
Florida, USA
www.cobhc.com
I've read on these boards that Alexi used a 5150 to record Something Wild, but my question is why did he switch from such a hi-gain amp to a Lee Jackson Pre-amp and all those power amps? Was he just not happy with his tone or what? Does anyone know. I heard 5150's are pretty reliable and their tone isnt that bad... is it?

I've read on these boards that Alexi used a 5150 to record Something Wild, but my question is why did he switch from such a hi-gain amp to a Lee Jackson Pre-amp and all those power amps? Was he just not happy with his tone or what? Does anyone know. I heard 5150's are pretty reliable and their tone isnt that bad... is it?

So, are you saying he is a fucking idiot?

Ermmm Peavey 5150's are way more expensive! And there tone is awesome. So in my opinion hes an idiot. And to say to create the 'Bodom' sound well he still could of made the 'Bodom' sound with another amp lol.... Maybe next someone should ask why he married a fat bitch?

starting from the point that SW tone and sound was worse than on the other albums because back in the days COB didn't have the money they have today to record,this dones't devaluate Peavey's 5150.it's a great hi-gain amp with such a cool distortion without effect pedals,but it's possible that,as Ben Johnson said,Alexi was influenced by which amps his idols used when he decided to switch to anhother amp after SW.or it can also be that alexi was bored of 5150 and when he got money from SW,he decided to change.who knows?only alexi knos why.

Alexi has told in Soundi magazine (9/2004) that he got into Lee Jackson Pre-amp after discussing with Anssi Kippo about great guitar sound. Anssi told that Stone and Megadeth used Lee Jacksons in albums that are important for Alexi. Alexi decided get one and found sound he digs.