your personal "best guitar" opinions

Jani Laiho

Aug 25, 2004
alright so maybe the title of the thread was a little weird, but i just wanted everyones opinions on their favorite guitars. or what their favorite ones are...or to make it more simple, what do you guys prefer guitar wise. i know this is retarded, but im not getting much help finding a new guitar, its pretty tough actually. i have plenty of guitars, but im finally gonna try and get a great fucking axe, you know? as long as its not $2000 or $1000, i can handle it, lol. i have about 700-800 dollar budget for a new guitar. the 2 main brands ive been considering are jackson and ibanez. id love to have a randy rhoads jackson but...i could only afford an rr3 and they only have 22 frets :yuk: . plus i heard that the tremolo system blows on that guitar.
pretty much i just wanna get some opinions on good guitars, and good equipment for them. pickups, tremolo, whatever. i just need some help on making a good choice. i wanna get something that i wont regret

Jani Laiho said:
alright so maybe the title of the thread was a little weird, but i just wanted everyones opinions on their favorite guitars. or what their favorite ones are...or to make it more simple, what do you guys prefer guitar wise. i know this is retarded, but im not getting much help finding a new guitar, its pretty tough actually. i have plenty of guitars, but im finally gonna try and get a great fucking axe, you know? as long as its not $2000 or $1000, i can handle it, lol. i have about 700-800 dollar budget for a new guitar. the 2 main brands ive been considering are jackson and ibanez. id love to have a randy rhoads jackson but...i could only afford an rr3 and they only have 22 frets :yuk: . plus i heard that the tremolo system blows on that guitar.
pretty much i just wanna get some opinions on good guitars, and good equipment for them. pickups, tremolo, whatever. i just need some help on making a good choice. i wanna get something that i wont regret
Dude the RR3 is an amazing guitar for the money...all you have to do is replace the pups. Although if you look on ebay you may be able to find a RR1 for the money you have

why didn't you just add a new post to "Whats your guitar thread"?

I'm going to move this OT too.

bobvex said:
why didn't you just add a new post to "Whats your guitar thread"?

I'm going to move this OT too.

i really dont know this forum that well dude, i just check it every now and then and post whenever i can. sorry

Yetti said:
you could give this a try:

schecter c1-fr

they usally run about $500-$600.

it's also probably the only guitar you can get brand new in that price range with a real(not licensed) floyd.

so a floyd is definitely the best tremol, right? i mean...ive always loved them, but i played on an edge II, i believe. on an ibanez and it worked pretty well. but if it comes down to it...cant i just have one installed?

Jani Laiho said:
so a floyd is definitely the best tremol, right? i mean...ive always loved them, but i played on an edge II, i believe. on an ibanez and it worked pretty well. but if it comes down to it...cant i just have one installed?

FR and ibanez both make good trems. it all comes down to preference really.

i dunno about putting an ibanez trem on a floyd equipped guitar, but i tried putting my licensed floyd(bc rich, complete shit IMO) on an ibanez RG270 project guitar i have and i would have to route the body a bit to make it fit properly. i'm just gonna get an edge trem to stick in it after i get the body squared away and painted.

EDIT: if you're dead set on getting an ibanez guitar, check out the RGT42DX.

neck-thru body
edge pro II trem

the neck is like buttah. it's got full access all the way up to the 24th fret even for my big hands.

Jani Laiho said:
what are your opinions on this? http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~JACKSON---JS35-RR---Black~ID~4121.asp

someone posted it in another thread...and it has 24 frets! lol. i could deal without the gay dotted inlays but whatever. and...if purchased i would defintiely change that tremolo. but....question is, do any of you think its a worthy guitar?

i dunno. the ones we get here in the US have a string-thru-body tune-o-matic bridge instead of the trem. maybe gavin or somebody else over there in the UK can tell you about it. you could also consider the RX10D. bobvex's "custom" jacksons are just modded RX10s. gavin has one as well.

this is what we get in the US: click me

igot js30r or something rhoads. i like it. it sounds nice. good for the price. i got it new for like $300. yhe only thing i would to it would get some new pups. maybe some hz-h4s or emg-81's

Profanity said:
By using a "JEM" I bet you think you're worth saomething.

not as much as your post count is to your self worth. i hope some gent in a pub you annoy ends up breaking your fingers.