Your personal top 10 album list of all time.

well i only like the first 3 songs off that album anyway, from there i find it boring.

Of all the Rush albums, this one is your favorite? I mean, I do think it's a very good album, but it's nowhere near their best.

My favourite Rush album til 'Clockwork Angels' came out has always been 'Hold your Fire', which isn't the most metal/rock but I found it the most satisfying listen. 'Clockwork..' is a masterpiece. Very diverse, often heavy, and a great album to get lost in. I loves it!
All their albums kick ass though. Sometimes I'm in a 2112 mood, or Fly by Night, or Signals, but Clockwork has the best of all worlds I reckon. 'Carnies' especially is a fantastic song.

I'm surprised so many of you have RIITIIR on your lists. It just came out a few months ago, yet it's already one of your favorite albums of all time?

Yeah, I thought about that when posting, but I've listened to it quite a few times now and personally think it is right up there.

There's usually only about 5 albums per year for me that I really get into and listen to a lot, and in the last few years for me RIITIR is right up the top.

Can we do top ten discographies?
Black sabbath
Iron maiden
Judas priest
Pentagram
Manilla road
Saint vitus
Most of manowar
Brocas helm
Anvil
Slough feg

I'm thinking I might have to add Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors. Damn it's a good album.

kXODZqr.jpg

The Sham Mirrors is one of my favorite albums. It's to bad Garm left and the band did not expand of it.

Something like...

Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Holocaust - Hypnosis of Birds
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Sabbat - The Dwelling
Slayer - South of Heaven
Voivod - Dimension Hatröss (almost wanna say Target Earth, or Nothingface for that matter)

Voivod - Dimension Hatröss (almost wanna say Target Earth, or Nothingface for that matter)

Personally i think you've made the right choice - this album was at the right point between their more thrashy sound of earlier albums and progressive spaciness of later ones.

Well, when it comes to '87~'93-era Voivod it's really just splitting hairs for me. But yeah, DH also has a great flow to it; if you put on Experiment you better be ready for the long haul y'know?

Opeth- Blackwater Park
Dordeduh- Dar De Duh
Tool- Lateralus
Drudkh- Autumn Aurora
Metallica- ...And Justice For All
Prodigy- Music For The Jilted Generation (If only for Narcotic Suite)
Fyrnask- Bluostar
Agalloch- The Mantle
WITTR- Two Hunters
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Falkenbach- Magni Blandinn...

I so very much want to list Enslaved, but no one of their albums stands out. They probably have the best overall discog of any of the above though.

just because I didnt before

Alice In Chains - Dirt
Saint Vitus - S/T
Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Camel - Mirage
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
A Forest of Stars - Opportunistic Theives of Spring
Sixteen Horsepower - Sackcloth N Ashes
Hour of 13 - S/T

Honorable mentions to Autopsy - Severed Survival and Pagan Altar - Mythical and Magical.

Adramelch - Irae Melanox
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
Iron Maiden - Killers
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Queensryche - Promised Land
Secrecy - Art in Motion
Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly

The Sham Mirrors comes really close, btw. There are least another ~10-15 that I would put on par with these ten.

Alright I'll give it a shot, sticking to metal subgenres only here, and only one album from each band.

Symphony X - V
Dream Theater - Changes of Seasons
Metallica - Ride the Lightning (And justice for all... close 2nd)
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Ozzy - Diary of a Madman (Deluxe edition w/bonus cd)
Dio - Holy Diver (Deluxe edition w/bonus cd)
Hexen - Being and Nothingness
Vektor - Black Future
Anthrax - Among the Living
Obliveon - From This Day Forward

Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Gaza - He Is Never Coming Back
Cradle of Filth - Midian
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Eyehategod - Dopesick
Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
Burzum - Filosofem
Vital Remains - Icons of Evil
Will Haven - El Diablo
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

If you asked me this tomorrow I might have some other ones. Just off the top of my head, when I think about favorites, these are what come to mind.

None So Vile and the Gaza album are the only guaranteed. Those are my top 1 and 2 albums. I'd probably call NSV my #1, but HINCB is the one that hits me in the gut harder.