Your personal top 10 album list of all time.

Out of curiosity, are 90% of the posters here simply assuming the thread was for metal and metal only, or are these seriously everyone's lists?

Well this is Ultimate Metal, so I think we all kinda assumed it meant metal albums. You want my absolutely anything list? Uh...

Aerosmith - Rocks
O Brother Where Art Thou - Soundtrack
Bastion - Soundtrack
Jesus Christ Superstar - 1996 London Cast Recording
Bone Thugs n Harmony - E1999 Eternal
Gaza - He Is Never Coming Back
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Weird Al - Bad Hair Day
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King

Just off the top of my head, again.

I always liked the fact that Bad Company has a song called "Bad Company" from their album entitled Bad Company.

Your list is weird.

Yeah? I AM WEIRD! I love music. It's good. It's important to any and every culture, civilization, and government. But weird is as weird listens to, and weird really doesn't give a rat's ass in the end. :fu:

Music is fun. It makes me feel pretty good, and inspires me to do good. I love music. And like I explained, I was exposed to a variety of genres of music from a variety of cultures.

Yeah, that's also one of the things about Bad Company that I like. Also, good song and good band.

I also like Michael Jackson, and I love the Big Four: Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth.

Nine inch nails? Really?

Fuck yeah, dude. The first four full releases, hell even the two remix albums, are all excellent. Pretty Hate Machine isn't the best, but hey, first album. Broken has tracks like "Last" and "Gave Up", Downward Spiral honestly doesn't have a single bad track on it (Big Man with a Gun, maybe), and The Fragile is just an epic listen from front to back.

Broken was actually the first tape I ever bought for myself.

Yeah? I AM WEIRD! I love music. It's good. It's important to any and every culture, civilization, and government. But weird is as weird listens to, and weird really doesn't give a rat's ass in the end. :fu:

Music is fun. It makes me feel pretty good, and inspires me to do good. I love music. And like I explained, I was exposed to a variety of genres of music from a variety of cultures.

If you flick your middle finger at me again I will slaughter your whole family with a tooth-pick. You don't have to put the biggest most annoying smilie in every post.

Fuck yeah, dude. The first four full releases, hell even the two remix albums, are all excellent. Pretty Hate Machine isn't the best, but hey, first album. Broken has tracks like "Last" and "Gave Up", Downward Spiral honestly doesn't have a single bad track on it (Big Man with a Gun, maybe), and The Fragile is just an epic listen from front to back.

Broken was actually the first tape I ever bought for myself.

I can't stand anything with electronic/techno shit

I think Facelift is superior to any AIC album, or anything labeled as grunge, I like Nevermind, I only play that when I'm with other people that only listen to mainstream music though.

Facelift is amazing also... so is Jar of Flies EP

The Self Titled is not so great.

Looking forward to the new record. Black Gives Way to Blue was surprisingly good.

If you flick your middle finger at me again I will slaughter your whole family with a tooth-pick. You don't have to put the biggest most annoying smilie in every post.

You threaten to slaughter my family? I don't flip birds in every post. Threatening to slaughter my family gives me another reason to say :fu:, you're not slaughtering my Viking family.

Asking me nicely to stop, on the other hand, prevents flame wars and is more likely to encourage me to stop flippin' birds.

Pretty Hate Machine is far and away the best NIN album and would potentially make my top ~30 albums of all time.

The S/T is excellent too. I think it's off-putting initially because the production wasn't as polished as the earlier ones, it's really mellow and lacks the massive vocal lines probably due to Staley's diminishing voice, and the first couple songs are basically the worst on the album, but it's an amazing album after a few tries. A lot quirkier than anything else they've done.

I heard of Nine Inch Nails a long ass time ago. I never listened to them. I never got around to it...

I don't like DubStep. It freaks me out.

The three "main" NIN albums are about as far from electronica/techno as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoyOIRIeHs

That was okay I guess, didn't like the vocals much and the production is pretty awful IMO. With that same formula I could probably like something by them.

Also regarding your list, I haven't listened to King Crimson or Primus in so long, I've really stopped listening to a lot of stuff in favor of metal, I wish I could venture into more styles than what I have the past couple months, I don't really know where to start. Besides metal the only stuff I've been listening to is post-rock or folky stuff.