Your personal top 10 album list of all time.

Kamelot - The Black Halo
Dark Tranquillity - Character
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth
Katatonia - Dead End Kings
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Opeth - Black Water Park
Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows
Conception -Flow
Stratovarius - Visions
Symphony X -The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Fates Warning - Parallels
Iron Maiden - 7th Son
Led Zeppelin - s/t
Lordian Guard - Sinners in the Hands...
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Virgin Steele - House of Atreus, Act I
Rainbow - Rising
Redemption - The Origins of Ruin
Queensryche - The Warning
Pink Floyd - Animals

subject to change upon my whim...

Black Sabbath-Master of Reality
Slayer-Hell Awaits
Saint Vitus-Die Healing
Manilla Road-The Deluge
Jethro Tull-Minstrel in the Gallery
Darkthrone-A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Pagan Altar-Judgement of the Dead
Judas Priest-Stained Class
Swans-Cop
Morbid Angel-Altars of Madness
Candlemass-Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Black Sabbath - S/T
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Death - Leprosy
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
Darkthrone - Hate Them
Candlemass - Nightfall

Black Sabbath-Master of Reality
Slayer-Hell Awaits
Saint Vitus-Die Healing
Manilla Road-The Deluge
Jethro Tull-Minstrel in the Gallery
Darkthrone-A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Pagan Altar-Judgement of the Dead
Judas Priest-Stained Class
Swans-Cop
Morbid Angel-Altars of Madness
Candlemass-Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Cop huh...interesting choice...great album though.

Off the top of my head, definitely forgetting of tons that would possibly make the list..

Candlemass - Nightfall
Trouble - Psalm 9
Doomsword - My Name Will Live On or Resound the Horn
Pentagram - Day of Reckoning
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Altar of Oblivion - Sinews of Anguish
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Opeth - Deliverance
Pagan Altar - The Lords of Hypocrisy
Watain - Lawless Darkness

Out of curiosity, are 90% of the posters here simply assuming the thread was for metal and metal only, or are these seriously everyone's lists?

There are non-metal albums I enjoy about as much or more than some on my top 10, but I either haven't been familiar with them as long or don't feel like I've thoroughly-enough explored their respective genres.

Alright, I'm taking a shot at this and mentioning albums that have some sort of positive significance to me. There are 3287034278357927 albums I love so compiling lists like this isn't an easy task. ANYWAY...

Black Sabbath - s/t
Carcass - Heartwork
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel (yes, I realize this JUST came out but it's SUCH a great album and easily a contender for favorite)
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Enslaved - Isa
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Iron Maiden - s/t
Megadeth - Killing is My Business... (Rust in Peace is slowly shifting to the second place spot on my best Megadeath albums list)
Torche - Harmonicraft

Cop huh...interesting choice...great album though.

I get it. Along with Young God t's one of the darkest, harshest and most nihilistic records ever recorded. The cool thing about Swans is they've released masterful records in auch a vareity of genres. I really couldn't object to anyone having just about any of their records on this kind of list.

It's more that usually people go for Public Castration when they want hateful/nihilistic, and Filth if they just prefer the industrial-ish era.

Out of curiosity, are 90% of the posters here simply assuming the thread was for metal and metal only, or are these seriously everyone's lists?

It's a general metal discussion. So why would someone include non-metal albums, the board has non-metal forums.

I barely listen to non metal stuff, so it was natural.

This is a surprise. This is one of Darkthrone's albums I find to be pretty dull. What is it that you like about it so much?

I'm a Darkthrone fan, I enjoy most of their albums, even when they're so different from each other (Soulside, ABitNS, the new one, Hate Them, FOAD, etc). Hate Them is special to me, I got it when it was released in 2003 and it was my first contact with a Black Metal album. I kinda fell in love with the album, and started listening to other BM stuff. I always get back to it, it doesn't get old. And songs are damn straightforward, there's a great atmosphere, the Norwegian lyrics...most people discard this album when looking through Darkthrone's discography, which is a mistake. I recommend listening to it again, carefully. It's such a great album.

BTW this topic returns every once in a while, and people always ask me about why "Hate Them". ;)

1) Battle Metal - by Turisas.
2) Battle Hymns - by Manowar.
3) The History of Rock - by Kid Rock.
4) Willenium - by Will Smith, (I like a little hip hop and rap too).
5) Under Construction - by Missy Elliot, (I don't give a fuck what yall think, either)
6) Heaven and Hell - by Black Sabbath
7) Ill Communication - The Beastie Boys
8) Bad Company - by Bad Company
9) The Varangian Way - by Turisas
10) Stand Up and Fight - by Turisas.

I like a lot of different kinds of music. I could have put some very odd albums on there, from a wide variety of genres. I grew up listening to sooo many kinds of music: Celtic, Indian, Native American, African, Japanese, et cetera; traditional and ancient kinds of music, and also modern music - classic rock, hip hop, jazz, funk, soul, rap, blues, country, (I grew up mostly in Cottonwood, Arizona)...My mother quite intentionally superexposed me to a massive variety of cultures and ways of life. But the list given above reflects my deepest musical sentiments concerning modern music. For ancient, ethnic or other kinds of music, the list would be culture-shockingly different. :fu:

1) Battle Metal - by Turisas.
2) Battle Hymns - by Manowar.
3) The History of Rock - by Kid Rock.
4) Willenium - by Will Smith, (I like a little hip hop and rap too).
5) Under Construction - by Missy Elliot, (I don't give a fuck what yall think, either)
6) Heaven and Hell - by Black Sabbath
7) Ill Communication - The Beastie Boys
8) Bad Company - by Bad Company
9) The Varangian Way - by Turisas
10) Stand Up and Fight - by Turisas.

I like a lot of different kinds of music. I could have put some very odd albums on there, from a wide variety of genres. I grew up listening to sooo many kinds of music: Celtic, Indian, Native American, African, Japanese, et cetera; traditional and ancient kinds of music, and also modern music - classic rock, hip hop, jazz, funk, soul, rap, blues, country, (I grew up mostly in Cottonwood, Arizona)...My mother quite intentionally superexposed me to a massive variety of cultures and ways of life. But the list given above reflects my deepest musical sentiments concerning modern music. For ancient, ethnic or other kinds of music, the list would be culture-shockingly different. :fu:

I always liked the fact that Bad Company has a song called "Bad Company" from their album entitled Bad Company.

Your list is weird.

Fixed. Kid Rock is absolute fucking garbage.

Bawitdaba-da bang-da-bang-diggy-diggy-diggy
Said the boogie-said up jump the boogie!

Bawitdaba-da bang-da-bang-diggy-diggy-diggy
Said the boogie-said up jump the boogie

I wanna be a Cowboy baby