5 Fav Instrumental Albums

they're the best band for music to sleep to, because when I listen to music to go to sleep sometimes it's too interesting and I wind up not sleeping because of it, but with pelican the novelty wears off kinda quick and I can catch some Zs.

Well thats quite an exageration, but their long repeated riffs are supposed to be somewhat "hypnotic," instead of blowing your mind with tons of technical riffs and such. I guess it works for some people and for others it doesn't. That SF show definitely wasn't the best place to experience them live for the first time. I don't even know why they were touring with Opeth, it was bound to end up like that... oh well, I enjoyed their set, and they should be commended for making a last minute date a couple days before when the show was cancelled, then playing again when the show was resheduled. Two pelican shows in one week was greatness ^_^

illidurit said:
I agree, also its cool when you wake up and they're still playing the same riff that you went to sleep to
you should fall asleep to sunn0))) more often :lol:

illidurit said:
I'm not a stranger to 'hypnotic' music, I listen to esoteric for christ's sake, but with pelican there's a point where it just gets too samey

Well I can't change that, and I'll admit theres parts on Australasia that get a tad boring after many repeated listenings, but they have enough stand out parts to keep me happy. And I think they worked on that quite well with the following album.

I'm listening to Vinnie Moore's The Mind's Eye. If only Yngwie Malmsteen could ever come close to making music like this

All the Shrapnel catalog kick mucho booty !!!

Malmsteen, MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Greg Howe ( Metal Holdsworth), Racer X ( Pablo Gilberto !!!)

But then again, Chick Corea live At Blue Note Tokyo destroys any pussy ass post core melo death pseudo black prog ( zzzzzzzzzzz snorefest here we come !! ) AgallOch Enslaved Paatos or whatever lame bands are worshipped on this board !!!

Stay Be Bop and Jazz Rock my friend !!

:headbang:

Death_To_False_Metal said:
All the Shrapnel catalog kick mucho booty !!!

Malmsteen, MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Greg Howe ( Metal Holdsworth), Racer X ( Pablo Gilberto !!!)

But then again, Chick Corea live At Blue Note Tokyo destroys any pussy ass post core melo death pseudo black prog ( zzzzzzzzzzz snorefest here we come !! ) AgallOch Enslaved Paatos or whatever lame bands are worshipped on this board !!!

Stay Be Bop and Jazz Rock my friend !!

:headbang:

:erk:
Looks like the only music you enjoy is wankfest 2006!!!!

You're calling me a moron. Look at the post before mine and you'll see why I mentioned those bands. I wasn't talking about them as instrumental bands.

What's wrong with wank music? I love those wanking shred albums.

Anything from Torben Enevoldsen. That guy can shred but he's very classy and tasteful.

This isn't metal at all, or even rock, but it is very good for those times when you have something illegal to smoke or a shitload to drink. Sub Oslo, they're a dub band.

Kind of Blue - Miles Davis

Don't know any others. It's not that I don't like instrumental music, it's just that I have discovered that much.

umdebaba said:
When Day Descends - Transend
wow, thanks! Hopefully not instrumental for too much longer though.

"Magyar Posse - Random Avenger" is good.

YaYo said:
wow, thanks! Hopefully not instrumental for too much longer though.

"Magyar Posse - Random Avenger" is good.

I hope you complete the line-up and Ascension/Descendant soon Dave, lookin' forward to it!

I forgot about Magyar Posse, I have We Will Carry You Over The Mountains, great album. Furthermore, Raison d'Être's Within The Depths Of Silence And Phormations is nice too. And I only recently tried Godspeed You! Black Emperor, I really like it, especially Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven.

Well, with my other post that makes five albums. Hurrah.