A brief note on the roster...

there seems to be those who are totally unfamiliar with amorphis, and may not stay long enough to give em a shot... i hope they do.... might be a pleasant surprise for them.

Plus, they will get to see the video presentation for the PP X roster that happens on Friday night this year after Amorphis is done. :Smug:

That's what I thought might happen ;)

Britt

I saw your original post on that and thought.."clever bastard already guessed."

I had already decided on that prior to booking the headliner so folks could have Saturday to do some shopping with the vendors. The Amorphis confirmation and negative pre-conceptions from those refusing to give the band a chance reinforced it.

I had already decided on that prior to booking the headliner so folks could have Saturday to do some shopping with the vendors. The Amorphis confirmation and negative pre-conceptions from those refusing to give the band a chance reinforced it.
What can I say .. great minds think alike !!

Britt

I like more bands on this Progpower roster more than probably any year in the history of the festival. No lineup is going to please everybody, but how many other festivals in the world (of any size) are you going to find where you like every band? Furthermore, how many promoters give forum input as much attention as Glenn does? It's pretty shocking to me how many people take lineup choices personally. This show has to sell to a variety of different people, and thus include a variety of different bands. If the good outweighs the bad for you, go, if it doesn't, don't.

I like more bands on this Progpower roster more than probably any year in the history of the festival. No lineup is going to please everybody, but how many other festivals in the world (of any size) are you going to find where you like every band? Furthermore, how many promoters give forum input as much attention as Glenn does? It's pretty shocking to me how many people take lineup choices personally. This show has to sell to a variety of different people, and thus include a variety of different bands. If the good outweighs the bad for you, go, if it doesn't, don't.
Bravo! Well said, sir! Give that man a harumph!

Wouldn't this be the year to make the trip .. with you loving Elvenking and all ?

Britt

Asides Elevenking and Iron Savior....the rest of the bands I am not a fan of. You know how I can be. I like Iced Earth but have seen them enough times to where it isnt an exciting thing for me anymore, plus they are a little over rated. I will make the trip one year. This year it is all about Pagan Fest for me!!!!

You will never please 100% of the people.... It's statistically impossible.... Having said that, ProgPower is still the best music festival in the states IMO.... Great job getting Riverside, Iced Earth, Andromeda, and Volbeat BTW.... :kickass:

some of us go no matter what... it is sort of a holy pilgrimage and a giant family reunion...
i go even if the line-up is bagpipes, kazoos and accordians... of course at that point, i would be socializing, not looking for a great seat... :)

Agreed...
Of course I saw a really amazing accordion player one time and I was slackjawed the whole performance :OMG: It's so great the instruments people can make rock.

Good idea. I was planning on staying to the end of Amorphis anyways, but this way it'll give us time to shop the next day. I know I wished I had the chance to pick some things up after the announcement this year.

Or perhaps some Illnath? :heh:

YES!!!!!!

Amorphis's Elegy is quite possibly better than any album ever released by any band that has ever played at any ProgPower.

That's a pretty strong statement there, Jay. You're putting it up against everything and saying "yeah, this is better." I've got to check this out based on this post.

That's a pretty strong statement there, Jay. You're putting it up against everything and saying "yeah, this is better." I've got to check this out based on this post.

Hell yes. Considering their release dates, both Elegy and Tales from the Thousand Lakes were back-to-back quintissential 90's records, and that's considered wide opinion so don't just take my word for it, google for reviews - there must be dozens upon dozens.