A new band member?

hiring a 5th member is expensive, a backing track should do it well. they already use in ear monitoring, they just have to set daniel up with the click track so he would control everything pretty much. my friends band does it like this, they say it isnt complex, though you do have to buy some gear. still cheaper than a 5th member tho

You realize keyboards are by far the most versatile instrument in the history of music? You're limiting your sound by not having a person who knows the ins and outs of how to fully utilize a monstrous machine like a keyboard. I can't think of a single Katatonia song that wouldn't benefit from at least some soundscaping. All of the most versatile bands I can think of off the top of my head understand this fact. Katatonia is expanding their sound, and they're also realizing this. In this day in age keyboards should just as vital a part of the standard band format as guitar, bass, and drums. It's not rocket science.

Damn Yeah! I like the way you think about keyboards. I wish a lot more keyboard players (that I know) had this understanding, and knowledge of the versatility of the instrument. I Fucking love keyboards and I consider them one of the most important instruments in music especially 'layered' music. It is the extra dimension.

The only thing keyboards really detract from with Opeth (imo) is the folky side of the music (which was completely over after blackwater park). Katatonia never really had that so it's no prob.

so basically is there going to be another headlining tour where they play more from the new album, because i was dissapointed this time as there was no new material bar forsaker. so considering my love for the new album id happily shell out more money for another show and more merch etc in hope of new material