A Statement on a specific perk for Gold Badges/Sponsors this year.

Thats a really fucking cool idea

Tried to get them in a day early last year to do a clinic, but FK's schedule didn't allow it to happen. I really didn't think we'd see them back for a couple years, so I'm freakin' ecstatic about this, and all the other extras happening this year! :headbang: :kickass:

A question: I don't play guitar, and I have one of Curufin's gold badges.. is it possible for me to give (not SELL) away this oppertunity? It would be awesome to go myself, but I know someone else would enjoy it more.

One badge..one entrance. There will be no in/out access at the clinic and all gold badge attendees will be taken downstairs to the venue at the end of the show.

The rest is up to you.

Awesome. I had talked to Shane about doing something like this in the hotel this year. But this is a better result than I expected =D

A question: I don't play guitar, and I have one of Curufin's gold badges.. is it possible for me to give (not SELL) away this oppertunity? It would be awesome to go myself, but I know someone else would enjoy it more.

For example, I'm pretty sure Mr. Moliti would enjoy this quite a bit more than myself, and if possible, I'd rather he take my spot (but not my badge!) if a: he's coming this year, and b: I don't lose my badge ;)

Good thought. I don't play guitar (or anything else) either. However, I have a feeling that this clinic is going to be hilarious enough to make it worthwhile.

I wonder if all musicians have to supply their own vibrators?

Steve in Philly

Oh Man how cool is this, even though i don't play guitar i will be there just to see IA do the clinic. Glenn damn man what else are you gonna pull out of your hat if the All-Star Jam wasn't enough.

Is yelling "fuck yeah!!!" at the top of my lungs here at work considered crossing the line? Does it matter if I just found out that my job evaporates in 60 days? I will crawl on bloodied stumps to be there, job, or no job! :headbang:

Don't ya worry man, we'd all find a way to make sure you got to this show come hell or high water. A year without your torment is like a day without sunshine or orange juice for me (giggle).

this is very cool, GLenn I don;t know how you keep making this better and better but you do. Hence, why you have the best festival in the US.

For example, I'm pretty sure Mr. Moliti would enjoy this quite a bit more than myself, and if possible, I'd rather he take my spot (but not my badge!) if a: he's coming this year, and b: I don't lose my badge ;)

Hey Nailz, my brother's quite a fanatic fan of his guitarplaying and has been trying to learn some of his more eccentric techniques. If you offer that ticket up, he'd gladly lick the mud from your boots for it!

Hey Nailz, my brother's quite a fanatic fan of his guitarplaying and has been trying to learn some of his more eccentric techniques. If you offer that ticket up, he'd gladly lick the mud from your boots for it!

Sorry Bryan, I'd be giving it away to a friend I've already met if anyone. Due to the schedualing and being taken into the venue right afterwards, it seems like it might be more hassle than it's worth to pull off. Not that I mind at all. I would love to go. :D

We'll see. Thanks for this though, Glenn, you do know how to take care of us.

This is an amazing oppurtunity for those going, I myself am going to be checking the Freak Kitchen site religiously to find out if I can snag one of the other 50.

Sorry Bryan, I'd be giving it away to a friend I've already met if anyone. Due to the schedualing and being taken into the venue right afterwards, it seems like it might be more hassle than it's worth to pull off. Not that I mind at all. I would love to go. :D

We'll see. Thanks for this though, Glenn, you do know how to take care of us.

it really wouldnt be that big of a hassle. Give the gold badge to your friend and he goes and sees the guitar clinic. Then rather than him going directly into the venue, he makes a side turn and goes outside. He then gives you then gold badge back so you can get in and finally you give him his ticket or whatever means he has to get in.

EDIT: Oops, oh yeah Glenn thanks and I cant fucking wait!!!

I know what a guitar looks like, but I don't play one. Like a few posters above, though, I think this might be fun just for entertainment purposes alone, and it is awesome that the opportunity is there.

BUT!! I'll make a request of my fellow non-musician gold badge holders that just out of sheer courtesy, those of us who are there only for entertainment purposes stay to the back or off to the sides, so that those people attending for actual instructional reasons can be sure to get as close to IA as possible. With a potential audience of 250-300 for this thing, the room might be a bit crowded.

Cheers,

Ken