Anthrax Song meanings

P!

New Metal Member
Jul 9, 2003
here is a nice thread to get going... i hope.
its my first one and belive me its better then the other ones i thought bout like "why anthrax arnt coming to israel?" ;)

anyway write down here song meanings or ask about ones that ur having trouble in figuering out, u can also add how they use the music to give the lyrics a more powerfull meaning after all its music :)

so here we go... i guess ill start with the hardest to get song on WHCFYA for me to understand, even though the whole album is really easy to flow with... anyway the song is black dahlia...

have fun...

I just can't see the crime story in the lyrics. Anyway, do you have a clue what Discharge is about? Does it refere to junkhead or politician?

The Enemy from STD great song about a bad thing, the Holocaust. I always thougtht of the great drum intro on the song mainly until I took a class on the Holocaust in college and main did the lyrics hit me then. BTW - Hilter Fucking Sucked. :yell:

Stephen Kings books: Lone Justice, Among The Living, Skeletons In The Closet, Misery Loves Company, as far as I know.

I think most of the older songs are quite easy to understand. Like Soldiers Of Metal or Madhouse :) But as for the newer ones...Scott once said he didn't know what Any Place is about, since it was John's lyrics. Anyway my favourite one is Bare, I being a part time english teacher sometimes give it to my class students to write an interpretation of the song.

dutchy said:
it's about people being nice in the beginning and after a while you find that they are just assholes, Scott refered to Sam Kinison
Isn't Invisible about this one really?

I noticed one thing with Anthrax lyrics; Scott (at least I think it's him) uses a lot of cool expressions/definitions (I don't know what you call them in english) in the lyrics like:

- Potters Field, Rosetta Stone, Stream of Consciousness, Comic relief, Pecking order, 1000 points of hate, Piss & Vinegar... etc..

I've never really payed too close attention to lyrics. I love Bush's singing though, Charlies drumming, Scotts riffage and Bello bass sound. I can't believe he uses picks now