ATL Local Show Reminders

The HW boys did great Saturday night Hoyt! We really enjoyed them as usual. Sorry to have missed you though

I heard HW kicked much ass @ SoHo's last Saturday.... wish I could've been there. Inviolate, however, was playing at the Atlanta Motor Speedway (yes, you read that right!) on Saturf*ckingfreezingday night -- a promoter friend of mine came out and set up an entertainment tent with a couple of local acts and..... well, let's just say we know we're ready to throw down Saturday night. It was.... an interesting experience to say the least, with barrels of fire, RVs all around, and, ummm, the rather enthusiastic AMS devotees of the typical demographics. (One of them, in his rather, ahem, inebriated state, came up to me and Luke's fiancée Kim and asked us, ready fingers on his waistband, if we'd like to see his.... ahem, "cobra". Even in the dim light of a fire barrel, we declined. :p) Anyway, we played, promoted Saturday's show as much as we could before collectively dying of frostbite, and somehow made it back to civilization..... :)

For those of you who might wonder, yes, I did bellydance in 28-degree weather.... in a black thermal leotard :p I would've been grateful for anything that would've kept my midsection warm that night..... even a porpoise! :p

Totally looking forward to Saturday!!

hey Brian, I'm glad you finally got to see them for yourself. But next time, try to see more than a song and a half. :Smug: You might be even more amazed.

:p :lol:

Haha, I'd really like to. I was downstairs for Beneath the Massacre, and I've been to two shows where they've played but I missed their set (car broke down the first time so I was late, was doing an interview with Nergal from Behemoth the second time so I missed their set). I love that band to death, but I skipped out on the last 3 of their songs to come upstairs to watch EbS. I convinced my friends to come up for a song or two and I think they really liked EbS too.

sweetwater03-15-08.jpg

Where exactly is Sweetwater Bar y Grill, anyway?

It's not the easiest place to spot from the road, as you drive by, especially in the dark. So, when you're staring at the gas station on the corner, wondering where in the hell the bar is, just cruise on around the left side of the building, and you'll find it. :)

--Mike

Hey Shaye, do you remember talking to us and later hanging out while the other 2 bands played?? LOL (Inside joke)

in addition to the Sweetwater Live show this Saturday night.

our big Battle of the Bands in Gainesville is coming up!

bannerb.jpg

where is the Georgia Mountain Center you ask?

From Atlanta Take I-85 North.
Take I-985 to Exit 22. Turn left on Highway 129 North. When you enter Gainesville turn left at the intersection of Jesse Jewell Parkway and E. E. Butler Highway. Turn right on Main Street. The Georgia Mountains Center will be on your right at 301 Main Street SW.

From I-85, Gainesville/Jefferson Exit 137
Turn right and proceed down U.S. 129 for approximately 18 miles into Gainesville. Turn left at the intersection of Jesse Jewell Parkway and E. E. Butler Highway. Turn right on Main Street. The Georgia Mountains Center will be on your right at 301 Main Street SW.

From GA 400 Take 400 North to Exit 17. Turn right and proceed to the four way intersection. Turn right onto Georgia Highway 369. Follow Highway 369 (18-20 miles) into Gainesville. Turn left on Main Street and The Georgia Mountains Center will be on the right at 301 Main Street SW.

(click georgia mountain center text for mini-map)

For any of you interested, we will be debuting a new beast at Sweetwater Live tomorrow night

It's titled Déjà Vécu: Conception of Illusion

so don't miss this opportunity to be the first to hear it in its entirety. We gave everyone a special unrehearsed section at our last show just for shits and grins and it seemed to go over pretty well, especially with our regulars...but who are we to assume the likes and dislikes of others? :Smug:

We have it on good authority we might not be the only ones playing something new for the fans.... :kickass: