ATL Local Show Reminders

Can't be there. Wife's sick and her lungs sound like they're trying to escape her chest. Good luck rallying the troops for EbS tonight.

Still planning on being there tonight...however, I'm leery of leaving the house if heavy t-storms are still 'training' through the area not far from me. (The tornado that just went through the Gainesville area was only about ten miles north of me.)

Gotta say....Channel 2 is doing a great job covering this...at the expense of not showing a NASCAR race. Kudos to them and their meteorological crew.

We're watching the activity everywhere around ATL closely before we head out to Gwinnett in a couple more hours.

As I stated before - everyone please use discretion when deciding to go anywhere this evening. I hope it clears up enough so that the three bands have a great show with a great turnout tonight. But please stay home if you are in any line of threat. The bands will fully understand. And the venue will just have to understand. :Smug:

Great show last night! Patrick, you guys ROCKED the HOUSE! I freakin' loved that song "From Insanity". That's good shit!

Had to leave before Halcyon Way was finished, but great job as well. I didn't get a chance to get my Doro ticket due to your "extended" set, but I'm heading to your paypal link next!

Shame about Inviolate though, hope things work out for them.

Eclipsed By Sanity once again made me proud to be in the same room with them last night. That new song turned a few heads. For those who have followed their progression over the past year or more, I assure you this is not the same 'high school' talent show band that you may have seen a year ago. These guys are dead sertious about carving their niche in the metal scene.
I believe they made some new fans and made quite an impression on Sweetwater Bar & Grill. For those who missed the show due to the crazy weather or other reasons, fear not - EbS has already been invited back. It's just a matter of logistics at this point. We'll keep you informed.

Halcyon Way also debuted a new song last night, 'Death of the Dream'. And it's certainly a new sound for them as well - complete with 'growl' backing vocals. If you missed it, well you missed it! But you have another chance to catch it on April 17th at the Doro show. Get your tickets now!
But with Inviolate unable to perform, Halcyon Way were asked to extend their set. So they broke out a few more originals and added Sunglasses at Night. I'd also like to thank them for their 'dedication' of KISS' I Was Made for Loving You from me to my wonderful wife Karen, who happily supports *cough*tolerates*cough* my music promotions 'habit'. LOL. Thanks guys! YOU RULE!!! Everyone had a great time!

:kickass:

for those unaware or who did not make the show, Inviolate were forced to cancel their appearance due to circumstances beyond their control. I'll allow Kadria to explain, but I do feel for them and was looking very forward to their set. :erk:

Excellent performances by all. EBS continues to impress, and you really can't go wrong with HW. :headbang:

Best wishes to Kadria and the guys to get things sorted out. We hope to see y'all soon!

--Mike

Great show last night! Patrick, you guys ROCKED the HOUSE! I freakin' loved that song "From Insanity". That's good shit!

Is that the name of their new song? (I thought the title sounded longer....almost Bal-Sagothian in length. :))

BTW, did I talk to you there? I'm not sure I've ever met you.

Had to leave before Halcyon Way was finished, but great job as well. I didn't get a chance to get my Doro ticket due to your "extended" set, but I'm heading to your paypal link next!

Ooops, I forgot to get one, too. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go -- depends on whether we get overtime at work continued past 4/15 -- but the price wasn't that bad anyway.

Eclipsed By Sanity once again made me proud to be in the same room with them last night. That new song turned a few heads. For those who have followed their progression over the past year or more, I assure you this is not the same 'high school' talent show band that you may have seen a year ago. These guys are dead sertious about carving their niche in the metal scene.
I believe they made some new fans and made quite an impression on Sweetwater Bar & Grill. For those who missed the show due to the crazy weather or other reasons, fear not - EbS has already been invited back. It's just a matter of logistics at this point. We'll keep you informed.

Very cool to hear. I told Patrick that I wish he'd asked me to record the new song (as well as their second song), since the new one was really good in a more-progressive way.

Halcyon Way also debuted a new song last night, 'Death of the Dream'. And it's certainly a new sound for them as well - complete with 'growl' backing vocals. If you missed it, well you missed it! But you have another chance to catch it on April 17th at the Doro show. Get your tickets now!

THAT one I got. :headbang:

for those unaware or who did not make the show, Inviolate were forced to cancel their appearance due to circumstances beyond their control. I'll allow Kadria to explain, but I do feel for them and was looking very forward to their set. :erk:

Me, too, as it would have been my first time seeing them. Hope everything's okay with them....

Is that the name of their new song? (I thought the title sounded longer....almost Bal-Sagothian in length. :)) ...

the title of their new song was mentioned on page 3 of this thread - here.

From Insanity was one of their earliest songs which they've improved on tremendously over the past year, and it is actually the 3rd part of their 'Jeckyl & Hyde' trilogy. Patrick's vocals just get stronger and stronger every time they perform.

There was a ProgPower regular who does not frequent the forums who saw EbS for the first time Saturday night. When their set was over, this guy comes up to me really bragging on them, saying he could see/hear some Dream Evil, some Brainstorm, and some Savatage throughout their set. :cool:

Funny thing is Patrick's probably the most familiar with Brainstorm and Savatage, and none of the guys own a Dream Evil cd. heh heh. But their influences really shine through without being carbon copies

:headbang:

[/quote]
BTW, did I talk to you there? I'm not sure I've ever met you.

[/quote]

I met you a long time ago at Tower Records in Atlanta. I'll re-introduce myself next time. I'm not big on interrupting people when they are talking to others and you're quite the social butterfly at these things! ha ha!

Hey guys, just got word from Kadria - the drummer got arrested on the way to the venue for having an expired license or something like that. So, he's ok, and not sure what status is but I would think they could work through that. *whew*

we really appreciate all the positive response and feedback we've received on here and through myspace/e-mail as well. It was a fun show, and we'll definitely continue making our mark on North Atlanta and the surrounding area. You all have shown us that we have our spot in the metal scene around Atlanta now; we're not gonna let any of you down when it comes to delivering the goods on stage. That is our guaran-damn-tee to you metal lovers! :kickass::headbang:

Thanks to everyone that came out to support us at Sweetwater, I have to apologize to Halcyon Way for having to miss their set. I was under some miscommunicated direction :erk:, so I'm sorry for that.

I'll post the vids from Saturday's show in the next few days. I'm trying to work with the (lame) producing software that came with the camcorder to improve the audio, as the cymbal crashes really wash out the sound. :(

Also, the EbS footage I got was accidentally recorded using a lower-res video mode. (On the other hand, it won't be squeezed laterally when it's posted to YouTube....the other clips were recorded in 16:9 widescreen. :lol: )

Heavenly Call said:
I met you a long time ago at Tower Records in Atlanta. I'll re-introduce myself next time. I'm not big on interrupting people when they are talking to others and you're quite the social butterfly at these things! ha ha!

I remember that, yes indeed!

Please, all, let's observe a moment of silence for Tower Records. Overpriced as all hell, but you'd always find SOMETHING there to raise your eyebrows. :)

Hey guys, just got word from Kadria - the drummer got arrested on the way to the venue for having an expired license or something like that. So, he's ok, and not sure what status is but I would think they could work through that. *whew*

That sucks for him, but after hearing he didn't show and hadn't called, that's...oddly good news, considering the other possible scenarios. :loco:

I will definitely be at the March 29th one... :Smug:Haha

me too. :cool:

just for those of you that might be interested in coming out, but just aren't too sure about our March 29th battle of the band appearance. This is a picture of the place we're playing in. Its really no joke...they're serious about this battle business. :headbang:

arena2-lg.jpg

Greyskull m/

http://www.myspace.com/greyskullga

Cool band :) Okay, seriously this band kicks some ass.

I've been trying to pull these guys over to the west side for some months now. I finally got to meet some of them last Saturday night at the Sweetwater show (they came down to support EbS and were quite impressed). And they are all a great bunch of guys. We expect to collaborate much more in 2008.

:headbang: