camera's

BROKENSPIRIT

STARGAZER
Apr 8, 2006
DALLAS,TX
There hasn't been any talk in a while about which cameras will be banned from the show. Does anybody know?
I know that digitals with more than 30 sec. of video are not allowed.
Are the camera rules the same for the pre show? I'm just trying to make sure that I bring the right camera's. Thanks.:)

Same rules apply per Shane. However, I will have my own personal people checking on Fri & Sat.

I have nothing to do on Thursday night so I can enjoy the show and throw bootleggers out for not just the night...but the entire weekend.

Cool eh?

Ok thanks, thats cool. I 'm not a bootlegger though. I just have three different camera's and wanted to know what to bring. I just want some good pictures to post.:Smokin: Can I bring my Canon Rebel without a
telephoto lens?

How does one tell what video cameras can film for over 30 seconds by simply looking at them? Seems like that would be hard to detect in a line? I'm not bringing any cameras at all but am just curious. If i do bring a camera it will be one of those $5 buck (dollar general )ones, hey they take great pics. ;)

I own only 1 camera and yes it takes 30 sec of vid, but I have no interest in using the vid feature. I'm sorry Glenn but I think its overkill to screw your dedicated GoldBadge peeps to remedy a few assholes.:mad:

Tungarknivor said:
How does one tell what video cameras can film for over 30 seconds by simply looking at them? Seems like that would be hard to detect in a line? I'm not bringing any cameras at all but am just curious. If i do bring a camera it will be one of those $5 buck (dollar general )ones, hey they take great pics. ;)

From what I understand is that the digital camera line is going to be a long lengthy process and not worth bothering with. I'm taking my trusty 35mm.
It takes execellent pictures. Bring a cheap camera and enjoy the show:kickass:

Patrick M said:
I own only 1 camera and yes it takes 30 sec of vid, but I have no interest in using the vid feature. I'm sorry Glenn but I think its overkill to screw your dedicated GoldBadge peeps to remedy a few assholes.:mad:

Don't be pissed at Glenn, be pissed at the hordes of assholes that were caught last year. I don't like the ruling either, but the situation last year forced Glenn to do what he needed to do. I don't feel "screwed" as a GB holder. I do the GB thing each year to support the festival, and guarantee me a ticket in the event of a sell out. I don't think it's overkill at all. He did what he needed to do, and has answered these threads more than once since the close of last years festival.

J-Dubya

Patrick M said:

Maybe Glenn should do what almost every other major concert and promoter does in the US....and BAN all cameras entirely?

Would you prefer that?

No?

Yah, I didn't think so.

Move along. :erk:

--==--

Glenn is spending more of his own money (hiring someone to check cameras) in an effort to reach a compromise with us fans on camera use. Who else in the fuckin' world would do that? NOBODY!

This, dear friends, is why Glenn rules.

Sermon complete.

You can toss your cash into the collection baskets at the end of your pew. :saint:

-=-=-=-=-
"And remember......he who farts in church, sits in his own pew."

Patrick M said:

Oh please not this again!!! Sorry, but you're about 8 months too late on this one buddy.

Pellaz said:
Maybe Glenn should do what almost every other major concert and promoter does in the US....and BAN all cameras entirely?

I have spoiled my crowd to the point where things are seen as a right and not a privledge. In return, I have been taken advantage of time and time again (and not just on the camera issue). All of Paul's post is 100% correct.

Let's just be thankful that GLenn allows us to bring camera's period. Most of the shows I have been too don;t allow cameras in the venue. So let us cut the bitching and Praise Glenn and Shane for allowing us the privledge of bringing a camera period.

Patrick M said:

My name is also Patrick M and I do not approve this message.

Pellaz said:

Would you prefer that?

No?

Yah, I didn't think so.

Move along. :erk:

--==--

Glenn is spending more of his own money (hiring someone to check cameras) in an effort to reach a compromise with us fans on camera use. Who else in the fuckin' world would do that? NOBODY!

This, dear friends, is why Glenn rules.

Sermon complete.

You can toss your cash into the collection baskets at the end of your pew. :saint:

-=-=-=-=-
"And remember......he who farts in church, sits in his own pew."

Here's my thing, I'm bringing my Canon Digital Rebel, I'll pay the 10 bux and sit throught the inspection, if they tell me I can't bring it in, fine, I walk the block back to the hotel drop it off and walk back. It's really not that big of a deal. I've paid a shitload of money for this adventure, I'm not gonna allow a camera issue to be a deal breaker.

trentdk said:
Any digi cam that can take >30secs video, or video at all, sucks anyway and isn't worth of dark concert shots :p Stop posting underexposed blur!

Besides, can you imagine trying to shoot video with a single lens reflex type camera and an 80x - 200x zoom. You'd barf just from the exagerated camera movement.