CD INZANE - anybody know what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you're all busy kicking a man already lying down, just think about next time that you go to ProgPower USA that the FREE compilation CD (and in effect the magazine as well) you're holding in your hand would not have been possible without Zane's help.

A couple of years ago (4), we were faced with the problem of rising costs in the industry, and were actually considering to completely drop the idea of doing the free CD and magazine each year. Someone advised us to contact Zane, and (I'll admit it, quite reluctantly as I too had experienced one bad dealing with him in the past) we went ahead and did so. What I was met with was a huge interest in helping us, a guy willing to spend a LOT of time making sure that we used his contacts and that we got not only great deals, but in fact extraordinary (unheard of in the business) deals with CD duplication and booklet manufacturing companies. Zane put in above and beyond efforts to bring this to YOU (yes, you who are now bitching like ... well, a bunch of bitches!). On top of that, the guy who I knew nothing about, except that he was a total dick from what other people around here said and from my one encounter (which in all fairness, I was just as much a dick in that encounter), turned out to be the warmest, most welcoming guy, who would be a ton of fun to talk to and a great help for us in continuing to bring you, not only a single FREE CD, or even a double - no with his help, we've been able to make it a triple CD each year since he started helping us.

So feel free to keep on complaining about a guy you've never spent ten minutes on trying to get to know, and make your assumptions on why his business went down, and how he is trying to trick you all out of your money (btw, I'm sure most of those complaining now are those who don't have anything "invested" right now with him). AND - then next year, when you pick up the FREE CD sampler and magazine, go ahead and enjoy that one knowing that it wouldn't have been possible if it hadn't been for Zane's very unselffish involvement.

Claus

While you're all busy kicking a man already lying down, just think about next time that you go to ProgPower USA that the FREE compilation CD (and in effect the magazine as well) you're holding in your hand would not have been possible without Zane's help.

A couple of years ago (4), we were faced with the problem of rising costs in the industry, and were actually considering to completely drop the idea of doing the free CD and magazine each year. Someone advised us to contact Zane, and (I'll admit it, quite reluctantly as I too had experienced one bad dealing with him in the past) we went ahead and did so. What I was met with was a huge interest in helping us, a guy willing to spend a LOT of time making sure that we used his contacts and that we got not only great deals, but in fact extraordinary (unheard of in the business) deals with CD duplication and booklet manufacturing companies. Zane put in above and beyond efforts to bring this to YOU (yes, you who are now bitching like ... well, a bunch of bitches!). On top of that, the guy who I knew nothing about, except that he was a total dick from what other people around here said and from my one encounter (which in all fairness, I was just as much a dick in that encounter), turned out to be the warmest, most welcoming guy, who would be a ton of fun to talk to and a great help for us in continuing to bring you, not only a single FREE CD, or even a double - no with his help, we've been able to make it a triple CD each year since he started helping us.

So feel free to keep on complaining about a guy you've never spent ten minutes on trying to get to know, and make your assumptions on why his business went down, and how he is trying to trick you all out of your money (btw, I'm sure most of those complaining now are those who don't have anything "invested" right now with him). AND - then next year, when you pick up the FREE CD sampler and magazine, go ahead and enjoy that one knowing that it wouldn't have been possible if it hadn't been for Zane's very unselffish involvement.

Claus

:kickass:

I didn't think this thread had anything to do with Zane's supposed unselfishness. What he did for prog-power and what he DID TO the people that buy cd's and come to progpower every year are 2 different things. I've seen both sides of Zane, and those that think his business decisions were a dick move have every right to feel that way. He didn't act like he wanted anything to go smoothly, he was difficult to the point of douchebagginess and now he has cut off all contact. He's making these people who supported his business work hard to get their refunds FFS! Refunds which are rightfully theirs! Guess what? I'm sure many of them would gladly give back one of those cd's in our 3 cd package just to have a decent exchange with Zane getting back what they deserve.
My 2 cents, for better or worse

Claus

Easy with calling us "bitches". I've never "bitched" about a bad experience I've had online until this guy. Because it's happenend on multiple occasions, and he made it personal, I had no problem doing it here. Doing good for PP shouldn't give him a pass for being a dick.

I guess what's puzzling to me is why didn't he show the same courtesy to his customers he showed to Glen and Claus? It's pretty obvious customer service wasn't one of his strong suits so it's hard for everyone to overlook being treated like crap or taken advantage of.

Worse yet, I find it hard to believe that people would support him coming back to PRog Power as a vendor IF he indeed did screw bands out of CD's and people out of money with the alleged Thanksgiving sale. I'm all for giving people a 2nd chance so if he agreed to use his profits to make things right with everyone then I'd say go for it...but given his trackrecord I dont see that happening either. I guess time will tell if he really does get CD's and money back to every one that's owed them.

I guess what's puzzling to me is why didn't he show the same courtesy to his customers he showed to Glen and Claus?

Try to imagine how many CDs Zane sold and how much revenue he made every year by Glenn allowing him to set up shop at ProgPower. Now imagine not having that revenue because Glenn didn't allow him back at ProgPower because he decided to act like a complete jerk when Glenn and Claus approached him for his help with the CD sampler and program. That should help explain his behavior.

Now read about Zane's behavior when he wasn't allowed to set up his tables at the Melodic Rock II Festival in 2010...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t12615-egotistical-cdinzane

I guess I need to let folks know where I stand:

1. Zane has indeed helped us out tremendously over the years. We owe him a debit of gratitude for the things that Claus pointed out.
2. I have zero issues with objective discussion of CD Inzane. If you are business, you take the good with the bad in terms of public perception based on how you run your business.
3. I ask that everyone remain civil in the discussion and refrain from personal attacks.
4. I am not going to make any assumptions on the ramifications of closing CD Inzane to individuals, bands, or other businesses as well as vending at the festival until Zane has had adequate time to address things. I have no further knowledge than what has been made public.

Guess what? I'm sure many of them would gladly give back one of those cd's in our 3 cd package just to have a decent exchange with Zane getting back what they deserve.

I think I clearly said that it was the entire CD package that was about to go out the window, had Zane not helped us ... not just one of the three ...

ehhh....
I have thoughts on this but they have already been said,and at the same time I fully understand Claus' point because of what he does to put together the sampler for us(that I have personally discovered a few new bands on,and I have had music on as well and hope to this year)
Survival of the fittest,my money has always gone to Lance anyways so nothing changes

What Claus said is important, because Zane clearly has a love for the music and the industry. But people(and businesses) can be complicated and some great people aren't very good businessmen. And of course some aspects of CD Inzane made it a cut above the rest, while the customer service made it pretty much unusable once you ran into your first problem, which was inevitable if you did more than a few hundred dollars in business with the company. I'm sure Zane's a heck of a guy(pretty solid musician too), but his business had serious flaws that in the end probably resulted in its demise. Hopefully he does the right thing by his customers. Actually, he kinda has to. There are legal ways to escape your financial obligations when closing a business. Simply closing up shop and keeping the money is not one of them. That has serious legal consequences if he doesn't make it right.

What Claus said is important, because Zane clearly has a love for the music and the industry. But people(and businesses) can be complicated and some great people aren't very good businessmen. And of course some aspects of CD Inzane made it a cut above the rest, while the customer service made it pretty much unusable once you ran into your first problem, which was inevitable if you did more than a few hundred dollars in business with the company. I'm sure Zane's a heck of a guy(pretty solid musician too), but his business had serious flaws that in the end probably resulted in its demise. Hopefully he does the right thing by his customers. Actually, he kinda has to. There are legal ways to escape your financial obligations when closing a business. Simply closing up shop and keeping the money is not one of them. That has serious legal consequences if he doesn't make it right.

Basically this.

Claus

So pretty much because he helped you and PP with a free cd sampler gives him the right to steal money and cds from other people? I dont see how that makes sense./

Everyone that has been around him in person or at the fest says hes the nicest guy ever, well you kind of have to be if you want people to buy your product right away. But its obvious when he went home, he would hide behind his computer and peddle lies and thief money from people.

Ive never attended PP to get the free cd sampler so i cant speak for that, but i did place one order with him and had to chase him down for 3 months in order to get a refund of a cd they didnt have in stock, even though the note in the package said I would be refunded within a few days. I had to leave a public post on his forum in order to get my money back after no response to emails. 20 minutes after posting i received a very nasty phone call from him stating that it was my fault that i never got the refund, and other nonsense. My account was promptly deleted and me banned from his store.

But yes, he has the right to do that because he gets a free cd out to the 1000 people at PP every year...

You purchase a ticket to the fest, the cost of all this should be included in the ticket price.

If it was, your ticket price would be higher. I would appreciate you not telling me how to run my festival please.

Otherwise, I am neutral on the issue as I have stated. Claus is a member of the Progpower USA team and has the freedom to speak his own personal views as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.