Christian Metal ..... Oxymoron???

My favorite Christian band just put a reunion album. I just downloaded and check it and the guys are playing heavy as before, so do I care about the lyrics? No way, even if they're in my native language. The music rules and that's all I care for.

NP: Midnight Sun - 'Nemesis'

My favorite Christian band just put a reunion album. I just downloaded and check it and the guys are playing heavy as before, so do I care about the lyrics? No way, even if they're in my native language. The music rules and that's all I care for.

NP: Midnight Sun - 'Nemesis'

Who is that, Wyv???

I agree with you - If the music is good it deserves to be heard. While some lyrical content has and will hinder my appreciation of some bands, Christianity is not offensive to me and if it pleases me musically I will listen to it with no reservations. It is a shame that so many folks assume the music is inferior because it has biblical or christian references.

Who is that, Wyv???

I agree with you - If the music is good it deserves to be heard. While some lyrical content has and will hinder my appreciation of some bands, Christianity is not offensive to me and if it pleases me musically I will listen to it with no reservations. It is a shame that so many folks assume the music is inferior because it has biblical or christian references.

I could not agree more. It is not just about religion though. Many people get really offended about almost nothing these days. Although I am 100% metal-head, I am 50% "hippie" as well. I tend to only get angry at people who inhibit my freedom to enjoy what I like. I am the last person who would get offended at someone who happens to like something simply because it is religious in nature.

Bryant

Who is that, Wyv???

Logos. A band that surfaced out of the ashes of the most important metal band in Argentinian history: V8.

V8 was Zamarbide (vocals), Iorio (bass), Civile (guitar) and Rowek (drums). They made quite a buzz with their raw speed/classic metal in a time and place unfitted for their proposal. After like 2-3 albums Civile (RIP) couldn't stand more Iorio attitude and left the band to form Horcas (great thrash band, still alive in his memory).

V8 recruited Roldan on guitars and got into Christian path which also disenchanted many fans. Finally the band split-up with Iorio leaving to form Hermética and then Almafuerte (the first one is alright speed, the second strated fine and then he become a fucking nationalist mongrel), Rowek to join Rata Blanca (the finest Argentinian band IMO) and Zamarbide and Roldan forming Logos.

Logos plays fast classic metal (not really speed) with energy and melody to the top. The first album is much more Christian (lyrically speaking) than the second (produced by Rudy Sarzo), the band then made a live album and afterwards split. Interstingly the last drummer Scarcella become later Rata Blanca drummer after a hiatus in that band and Rowek quitting it.

Nowdays Zamarbide and Roldan with a new rhythm section have joined forces to deliver a third studio album which again lyrically may be more Christian oriented but the music hasn't lost a bit of class.

It is an oxymoron. I think it is lame to try to spread Christianity in a culture which frowns upon it. They can do it somewhere else but stay out of heavy metal.