Christian Metal

Dominick... I think you misunderstood the intent of my "bowing out". My intent was never intended to ignore people I disagree with. On the contrary, I often find conversations with people I disagree with, more interesting than conversations with people I completely agree with. However, religion is a touchy subject for many. And based on some of your comments, I'm guessing you feel strongly about your faith. There was simply no way I could address some of your points, without directly attacking your religion, which I have no desire to do. For instance, you wrote...

I could literally write a book in response to that. However, in doing so, I would likely ruffle the feathers of people who I like. In addition, my participation in this thread has never been fueled by any anti-religious sentiment or a desire to challenge what people believe. I've participated in this thread merely because I genuinely find the marriage of Christianity and Metal paradoxical, and consequently, fascinating.

If you'd like to discuss any of this, feel free to PM me. Or better yet, come grab me in September and let's discuss it over a beer.

Cheers.

Zod

Fair enough my metal brotha. If I see anyone flying overhead in black attire I'll be sure to wave you down for a drink:)

Peace

Dominick