Christian Metal

It's also easy not to have tolerance for the religious masses pushing their beliefs on the rest of us. Trust me there are way more people that look down on someone for not believing in a made up god than there are outspoken atheists.

Dude, no offense but your comment above has nothing to do with this thread or forum as a whole.

7th Saviour was not pushing anything on anyone. He simply asked if anyone here enjoyed Christian themed metal. That's all. He did not say that you should believe in Jesus or your going to hell blah blah blah.

Also, look real hard on the entire forum and see if you can even find one post slagging someone for be an atheist. You won't find one.

Dude, no offense but your comment above has nothing to do with this thread or forum as a whole.

7th Saviour was not pushing anything on anyone. He simply asked if anyone here enjoyed Christian themed metal. That's all. He did not say that you should believe in Jesus or your going to hell blah blah blah.

Also, look real hard on the entire forum and see if you can even find one post slagging someone for be an atheist. You won't find one.

Easy, I was just replying to a specific comment. My original post was actually about a christian band I liked.

TROUBLE's first three LPs owns the crap out of anything mentioned here.

For the record, "white metal" was a label penned by Metal Blade to market TROUBLE, as their positive lyrics were the polar opposite of their peers of the time, such as Mercyful Fate or Venom.

Ironically, Trouble has had many successful tours through the years, supporting bands such as King Diamond, Slayer, and Danzig.

Ironically, Trouble has had many successful tours through the years, supporting bands such as King Diamond, Slayer, and Danzig.

Actually, opening for a act like KD, Slayer, etc. would be the best place for a Christian Metal band if their intent is to spread their belief to the assumed unsaved metal crowd.

If they toured on an all Christian Metal bill then it would be more like preaching to the choir.

Trust me there are way more people that look down on someone for not believing in a made up god than there are outspoken atheists.

As far as I can tell, nobody got looked down upon here. With that said, both you and Hal have to slide comments into your posts hoping to piss people off. When people do get pissed off, then you act like a victim. Grow some balls! :lol:

~Brian~

QFT.

There are enough things in this world that divide us into our little bickering groups. Let's stick to the things we can discuss amicably. For instance, how Daniel Gildenlow sounds like a whiny little girl when he/she sings. :heh:

Zod

Zod, you know, no matter how ridiculous the topic may get in a thread, you always manage to bring us back on track to talking about the things that actually matter on this board. This post of yours was full of awesome. I wish the rest of the board were more like it.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

PS> I thought I was the only big bully atheist around here. If you don't believe me, ask Tammy (who is noticeably absent in a Christan Metal thread). :D

Lots of really great band in this thread! Very happy to see Novella and Recon mentioned! Along with them, some of my favorites are:

Extol
Mortification
Tourniquet
Deliverance
Impellitterri
Narnia
Ethereal Scourge
Sacred Warrior
Paramaecium
Crimson Thorn
Savior Machine
Rackets & Drapes
Whitecross
Die Happy
Red Sea
Bloodgood
Antestor
Vaakevandring
Schaliach

Lots more I could name, but these are some that I've loved for years! Thanks for starting this topic. It's kinda fun to think of all these bands and discuss it with everyone here! :headbang:

Tourniquet, Whitecross, Guardian and Deliverance are my favorites. All the others you mentioned are great as well. That whole Sanctuary/Intense Records stable was awesome. I also like Believer, Mortification, Seventh Angel and Galactic Cowboys.
Right on, man! Love that oldschool Christian metal scene!:headbang:

Lots of really great band in this thread! Very happy to see Novella and Recon mentioned! Along with them, some of my favorites are:

Extol
Mortification
Tourniquet
Deliverance
Impellitterri
Narnia
Ethereal Scourge
Sacred Warrior
Paramaecium
Crimson Thorn
Savior Machine
Rackets & Drapes
Whitecross
Die Happy
Red Sea
Bloodgood
Antestor
Vaakevandring
Schaliach

Lots more I could name, but these are some that I've loved for years! Thanks for starting this topic. It's kinda fun to think of all these bands and discuss it with everyone here! :headbang:
Right on! You mentioned some great bands there, as well as a few I still need to check out! Thanks! This scene is something I strongly believe in and support. I've been into the Christian rock/metal movement for about 25 years now.:headbang:

7th? Where's the Jacobs Dream and Saviour Machine on that list?

@Hal: Very disrespectful, and uncalled for. No one here has attacked you for what you chose to believe, or not believe in.
I would never attack anyone for what they believe. I simply love all kinds of metal, including Christian metal. I have nothing but metal love and much respect for all of my dear PPUSA brothers and sisters, no matter your spiritually respective persuasions. What we have in common musically far overshadows and outweighs what we may not share spiritually-speaking, agreed? Let us all love one another in metal! Can I get an amen?:headbang::kickass:

OW, I am still adding to the list! Thanks!:cool:

Amen, brother! :headbang:

Jesus Christ is a figment of your imagination, much like the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Clause and freedom.

BTW, I notice you're a Vengeance Rising fan, are you a Roger Martinez fan?

I would actually take this post seriuosly if I didn't know for a fact he was trying to get a rise out of people!:lol:
My fave Christian bands are Bride(Snakes in the Playground &or Kinetic Faith are killer albums), Extol(everything), Deliverance,Trouble, The Crucified, Possession(Eternally Haunt rules), Saviour Machine, Jacob's Dream,ROB ROCK, and the super cool Ken Tamplin.

I don't believe I've seen anyone mention one of my personal faves - Recon - awesome band!

I got to meet them at thier reunion show at C-stone in 2001. Great set! I also saw a Sacred Warrior reunion and they closed with "Temple on Fire",awesome!The same fest were the reunions of Deliverance, Gaurdian, and Stryper, it was a Christian metal overload! But awesome. BTW I saw Rackets and Drapes in 98 at the same fest(it's annual)and as much fun as they were, they were a Marylin Manson rip off like no mans buisness! All the while claiming in interviews that MM had no real in fluence on them, and it was PAINFULLY obviuos they were mudding them in ALL regards. They were still fun though and I own two of tier discs(haven't had spinned them in years though.)

I enjoyed Stryper in the early days. Demon Hunter kinda sounded interesting. But, what I am shocked in is that Christian prog rock/metal band that nobody seems to mention around here.

Anyone ever heard of the guys who opened the doors for all the bands mentioned? A band called PETRA?!? :worship:rock:

Barren Cross, Rage of Angels, Angelica, Bloodgood, Stryper, Sacred Warrior, Whitecross, REZ, Shout/Tamplin -- all great bands. I was lucky enough to be around when they were at their prime (mid- to late-80s, I think).

Stuff like Shout blew me away. Ken Tamplin is a vocal and a guitar monster. Sacred Warrior was a fine Queensryche-sounding band. Really dug their riffs and vocals.

Yeah. I like a lot of the bands you listed and still have their CDs.

Other bands that skirted the edges of metal for a while were DeGarmo & Key, Allies, Sweet Comfort Band, Petra, Mylon LeFevre, and Larry Norman. While they never went balls-out metal, some of their albums were really solid melodic hard rock. Petra, especially, created some of the most beautiful melodies and staged some of the most fun live shows I've ever seen. I think John Schlitt is an under-rated vocalist.

I still get out those CDs now and then. Still enjoy them just as much.

I got to meet them at thier reunion show at C-stone in 2001. Great set! I also saw a Sacred Warrior reunion and they closed with "Temple on Fire",awesome!The same fest were the reunions of Deliverance, Gaurdian, and Stryper, it was a Christian metal overload! But awesome. BTW I saw Rackets and Drapes in 98 at the same fest(it's annual)and as much fun as they were, they were a Marylin Manson rip off like no mans buisness! All the while claiming in interviews that MM had no real in fluence on them, and it was PAINFULLY obviuos they were mudding them in ALL regards. They were still fun though and I own two of tier discs(haven't had spinned them in years though.)

Hey I was there too! Saw all those bands that weekend. It was incredibly fun!

As for Rackets & Drapes, they are close pals of mine so I've been quite biased on their account for a long long long time. (Heck, my user name is a direct result of my involvement with them! lol!) More than one person can do gothic shock rock and not be Manson-infliuenced. After having seen them countless times on stage and being involved in the writing process, I can honestly say that Manson really was not an influence in their mind. If anything, they were closer to Alice Cooper. Either way, I don't think those are bad comparisions anyway. Both acts were wildly successful. To be honest, the major reason R&D lashed out against the Manson references is because they didn't want his name tainting everything they were trying to do from a ministry standpoint. The man has been outspoken against the church, so he's really the last one they wanted to be in the shadow of just because of a genre that has a short supply of bands.

Can't believe I forgot to put Bride on my list. :rolleyes: Snakes in the Playground is one of my favorite metal discs of all time. Well, I'd say Top 20 at least.

Right on! You mentioned some great bands there, as well as a few I still need to check out! Thanks! This scene is something I strongly believe in and support. I've been into the Christian rock/metal movement for about 25 years now.:headbang:

Ditto that!

Which bands do you still need to check out? I can make some album recommendations if you'd like. :)