Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora tour news (changes announced)

I know Glenn, Hoyt, Lars and all of Manticora did all that they could to keep this tour alive, and we all as a family should thank them for their dedication and effort. Intromental and anything these guys have a hand in will succeed but some things are out of the control of even the best. I for one fully believe this blip in the road will do nothing to hurt the long run and better things are on the horizon. Keep your head up guys you do awesome work for the scene and deserve no blame but only commendation.
You said it, Billy! Right on! I'm also sorry that ALD won't be able to play that night. I feel bad for Glenn and Hoyt and evryone else involved with this. I also feel bad for all the fans. We are definitely disappointed but we understand. God bless you all. There will be more shows in the future, I know. Keep your heads up, guys.:headbang:

I know the both of you have to be aggravated. I appreciate the fact that the both of you are putting together these type of tours, amongst the junk that gets shoved down everyone's throats by MTV and radio. Keep fighting the good fight fellas! :kickass:

~Brian~

This is rather unfortunate. I was really looking forward to see CM again. Glenn and Hoyt, thanks for all the effort you guys put into this even though it ended poorly. Hopefully we'll get CM over here for a tour later on with CIIC.

I don't know any of the behind the scene stuff that goes on and I don't really want to. All I know is that I was really looking forward to this. As a fan I want to thank Glenn for all his hard work in bringing metal to not just Atlanta to the USA as well. A lot of these bands owe Glenn a lot I think and canceling tours is not how you show appreciation. Glenn turned a lot of people on to CM including myself. So thanks again for trying and please keep bringing great music to the fans.

I don't buy the, "well this is how the business goes" line. Does loyalty, credibility and personal accountability mean anything anymore? Glenn has done so much for CM, tossed them numerous bones, took a huge risk by booking them to a 2nd slot light years before anyone even heard a single note from these guys. Who else would have done that? Who else would have worked their asses off to bring them over to the states knowing full well the risk involved besides Glenn and Hoyt? A poor decision that goes beyone the business level IMO. Thanks for all the hard work though, guys.

Don't let this setback leave you too dispirited Glenn and everyone else involved. It's a disappointment for sure, but you've proven time and time again what you're capable of and your reputation precededs you. Great things are ahead for you - there's not a doubt in my mind.

Jason

It's easy to play Ms. Daisy from the backseat and critique/second-guess things without a care in the world. You do this without any knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes while acting as if you could do this job better than me. I normally pride myself on my thick skin. However, TODAY is not the day to fuck with me.

Ascension is gone for a month. I could give a squirrel's shit if he returns.

Heh. I was gonna unload on his ass, but I had to actually work. This is a better response than I could have given...

Much as I love C2C, I figured out that CM was the "draw" about ten minutes after we got added...

This is terrible news, indeed. And, I think, short-sighted on CM's part.

From a business perspective, a band from Europe could do a lot worse than crack the U.S. market on a tour. A successful tour of the U.S. could have meant a lot of money, more opportunities, and bigger, better tours in the future. A European band who has a successful tour of Europe, but doesn't make inroads in the U.S. on the tour circuit, remains pretty much a European band. Not to mention losing cred with promoters over here for pulling out. Yeah, I'd have to say CM made the wrong choice.

However, what I feel most badly about is what Glenn and Hoyt have gone through behind the scenes. I hope this debacle with the Circle II Circle/Manticora/Circus Maximus tour doesn't color all future plans for the U.S. Intromental group. If anyone can pull off a successful U.S. tour it's Glenn and Hoyt. Hang in there, guys!

Bill

Circus Maximus only has 2 albums out. There are European bands that didn't get to make it to US shores until 5 albums, 20 tours, and much press coverage later. Many European bands who come here when they have a very limited following wind up in the exact opposite position of what you predicted. The less people that come to the shows, the bigger the chance the promoter has of not wanting to book that band ever again. I believe the Intromental guys even mentioned this several times and stressed that people come out to the shows on this tour for the sake of more tours. This was a very risky business move that took a lot of balls. From a business perspective, a high-profile tour ANYWHERE will remain superior to a headlining tour in a continent that you've only previously played twice in, when you have a small fanbase. That's not to say this tour wouldn't have been successful. It could, and very well may have, but the choice CM went was the choice that will help them out better long term. Even if club promoters are pissed now, when CM has a large enough fanbase it will be in their best interest to book them.

With that in mind, Glenn and the guys who put this together must be feeling really shitty. I hope this is just a minor setback in the grand scheme of things, and look forward to more tours from Intromental bands.

ok, I figure it's time I give my thoughts on this whole situation. Yes, Glenn and I have worked out tails off for the past 3-4 months to make this tour happen. Yes, I'm upset, frustrated, etc, etc. that we've had more than one complication with this tour - not to mention NYC and Philly ignoring every attempt I've made for three months to bring them this tour.

But looking through this thread makes it all worthwhile. The support all of you are showing Intromental - and especially Glenn and myself - despite your own disappointment speaks volumes. Thank you all so much for having faith in the Intromental Management North American branch. Rest assured that this is NOT the end of our work here. :cool:

I would like to thank Claus, Lars, and Glenn for their support and guidance through our first attempt at a North American tour. This has certainly been a true learning experience for me. And I appreciate it.

I would also like to thank my fellow promoters and booking agents who worked so diligently in their cities - John in Houston, Bryan in Detroit, and Nathan in St Paul. Others trying to help us out in the last few weeks are very much appreciated as well. Please know that I have all of the venue information I've been sent bookmarked for future reference.

For those who had planned to come to Atlanta for the kickoff, Ticket Alternative should be contacting you concerning ticket refunds. And I would like to ask you all to please stay tuned, as I have that night booked still. Halcyon Way and A Lower Deep still want to perform for you. And I am looking around for one or two acts to bring in for a one-night show. :heh:

Again, thank you all. And have a good night.

~Hoyt.

ok, I figure it's time I give my thoughts on this whole situation. Yes, Glenn and I have worked out tails off for the past 3-4 months to make this tour happen. Yes, I'm upset, frustrated, etc, etc. that we've had more than one complication with this tour - not to mention NYC and Philly ignoring every attempt I've made for three months to bring them this tour.

But looking through this thread makes it all worthwhile. The support all of you are showing Intromental - and especially Glenn and myself - despite your own disappointment speaks volumes. Thank you all so much for having faith in the Intromental Management North American branch. Rest assured that this is NOT the end of our work here. :cool:

I would like to thank Claus, Lars, and Glenn for their support and guidance through our first attempt at a North American tour. This has certainly been a true learning experience for me. And I appreciate it.

I would also like to thank my fellow promoters and booking agents who worked so diligently in their cities - John in Houston, Bryan in Detroit, and Nathan in St Paul. Others trying to help us out in the last few weeks are very much appreciated as well. Please know that I have all of the venue information I've been sent bookmarked for future reference.

For those who had planned to come to Atlanta for the kickoff, Ticket Alternative should be contacting you concerning ticket refunds. And I would like to ask you all to please stay tuned, as I have that night booked still. Halcyon Way and A Lower Deep still want to perform for you. And I am looking around for one or two acts to bring in for a one-night show. :heh:

Again, thank you all. And have a good night.

~Hoyt.
You're first class as always, Hoyt!

Hoyt and Glenn are both class acts, and my hat is off to them for taking on this endeavor, I am just so sad it didn't work out. We(the local promoters) will always be there for you guys in the future, that you can count on.

I'll add my thanks to everyone who tried to get this tour together, I was really excited when a Chicago date finally got confirmed and am disappointed by this news.

And, let's hear it for Manticora, the only one of the three bands who didn't pull out! I feel bad for these guys, too, especially after Lars' post a couple of weeks ago telling us all how excited they were.

I look forward to seeing what Hoyt, Glenn and Claus put forward on the next try.

Ken

I'm so grateful for the efforts put out to make this happen. It's very discouraging to have this happen, but I hope you take heart and use the experience as a lesson learned and keep on towards other more successful ventures. Many of us are behind you!

A Quick reply:

I finally get a chance to look on this forum only to find out the whole CIIC/CM/Manticora show has been canned! That sucks so much it blows! I was so looking forward to seeing this show (and of course, getting to hang out with the usual crowd at Jaxx that night!). Hell, was even giving up a whole weekend of skiing during what is typically the best part of the season to come to this! I was disappointed when I first saw that CIIC pulled out, but was like "fuck it, I am still going, as I still love CM and Manticora, and of course, Division as well".

I have to give credit to Glenn and Hoyt and any others that tried their best to keep this live. I saw Hoyt's post above that he still wants to do something at least for the folks in Atlanta, which is really cool. Well, looks like I'll be hitting the ski slope instead.

Now, to see about getting a refund for the two tickets I bought for this as I got them directly from Division. Do I just take them back to the club, or do I need to see somebody from Division? Now, I got two shows I still need to get a refund for, King Diamond and now this. On top of that, friggan Cellador pulled out of the Trail of Tears show coming up here in January! Man, does this royally suck! :(