Circus Maximus- "Isolate" ( a 2,272 word review)

Now THAT is a review. I appreciate people who can at least give me a quick idea of what an album is like - there is so much music out there that it helps in the decision making process - but THIS review surely helps seal the deal. Fortunately my tastes are pretty closely aligned with Glenn's so when i read the breakdown of this album the only question is "When can we order this?".

Enjoy the vacation Glenn, dont drink the southeast dry - I hear rumours of a party down that way come Rocktober.

Jeff

I won't give anything a perfect score until it stands the test of time.

And, this is the key as whether CM will last or be a "here today, gone tomorrow" factor in prog metal.
Considering all the references to other bands, it still seems as though CM is wearing their influences on their sleeves as they did on The 1st Chapter. Not a bad thing...but it does lump them in with alot of other bands in the genre who do likewise. Hopefully, there will be enough twists that will set them apart.

Holy fuck. Can a band have a fanboy after only one CD. Seriously, I've seen them live twice now, and have been listening to the CD since PP6...and still I want more. I seriously cannot wait for this to come out...I'm expecting a tour, but who am I kidding? That shit is ridiculously expensive, and I understand.

We are but a paltry sample of the metal population that will buy the new CD, but this band needs to be as popular as all the shit metal that comes from the States nowadays. They deserve it.

The new CM album can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned. I hope we won't have to wait long to see them again live in the U.S.

Nothing is more awaited than this one this year... Not Dream Theater, not Symphony X. Circus Maximus is surely going to be the album of the year.

Nothing is more awaited than this one this year... Not Dream Theater, not Symphony X. Circus Maximus is surely going to be the album of the year.

Based on Glenn's review and the "Wither" clip, it's definitely going to be a contender (not that I had any doubt!), so I think I'm going to forego choosoing a "CD of the Year" this year. After being *completely* blown away by Redemption's "Origins of Ruin" and knowing that Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc, ALL have CDs coming out this year (and getting rave previews)....I don't think I'm going to be able to choose. And that's a beautiful thing. :headbang:

Thanks for the great review, Glenn, and thanks HUGELY to Mike and the rest of CM for releasing what I'm sure will be a killer CD. Can't wait to hear it!! And hey Mike....you coming to PP this year?

Craig
NP: Clip from "Wither"....over and over and over...

I tell you, I must have listed to the sample of "Wither" about 50 times since the link got posted (my apologies to those of you who may have had trouble accessing it - :lol:) and each time I wished it would somehow magically extend into the full song.

I will definitely buy this as soon as it becomes availble for pre-order (even if I have to order a copy directly from Claus.)

I thought the first disc had great musicianship and vocals but was to self-indulgent and tended to do too much meandering about aimlessly. I hope the new disc is more focused because these guys have a world of talent.

Wow. Not wow for the album(I haven't heard it yet, obviously), but for the review.

You definitely could do reviews for a living. That was the most engaging review I've ever read.

That reminds me. I was reading a review of Dreamscape's Very or Trance Like State on progressiveworld.net, and the reviewer dropped your name as someone who would like that album. This was before PPI, so what made you famous within the metal community back then?

The official street date for North America is September 4th. We'll most likely ship out our retail copies slightly earlier.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory

The official street date for North America is September 4th. We'll most likely ship out our retail copies slightly earlier.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory

****You bet your ass you will, LOL. Hey, Where do you have your cd's manufactured???? We can all meet there and "help" with the production................. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thumbs up Ken, I hope you can keep them for a third release.:headbang:

After hearing this album, it's fair to say that they're going to be a four spot at this festival next year.

If Dream Theater took these guys out on tour (instead of Into Eternity), they'd blow up here in the US.