D'LUNA: Monster, ft JEFF SCOTT SOTO, DUG PINNICK

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From Rock Report review:

"...D'Luna is an entity instituting the music and songwriting of its founder, namely guitarist David De Luna. David and his songs are a very personal individual journey that represents incredible strong guitar riffs, a true Texas groove and a high level of energy. The opening track "Monster" lives up to its name and has a very strong King's X influence which is hardly a surprise as it features dUg Pinnick of that very band. An explosive start to the album. "Monster" as an album is a superb slice of rock / metal and with David's guidance and themes the whole thing has developed into a great working relationship between himself and vocalist Jeff Scott Soto. Jeff, of course, has worked with so many big names in the past, such as Malmsteen, Journey, Talisman and Sons Of Apollo, he is a much loved vocalist in the world of rock music. Philip Bynoe (Steve Vai) is on bass along with Dan Meyers on keyboards and Oren Halmut on drums. The line-up is now complete and with engineer Rich Mouser (Spock's Beard / Roxanne) at the helm the mixes are brought to perfection and "Monster" is complete. D'Luna's "Monster" greets the listener with a gravity strong enough that even light can not escape it. The audience will be drawn in to the unique sound, heaviness and level of virtuosity with undeniable hooks and melodies. Source: Escape Music..."

From JSS Facebook page:

I posted about this album I was proud to help create and be part of, Deluna, a few months ago but back then it was still independently available.

Now it’s been repackaged and officially released thru my friends at Escape Music as ‘D’Luna’. This version has two new songs and was completely overhauled as well as now available on limited vinyl and all of your favorite streaming platforms!

Dave de Luna wrote an incredible stack of songs, is a ‘monster’ guitarist and the back story that goes behind this album made me proud to be part of it!

I implore you all to give it a listen and if you dig it as I do, please support this gifted man who finally got to live out his dream fulfilling his father’s dying wish with this killer record!

Oh ya, doesn’t hurt that I got to duet with dUg Punnick on the title song!

13cfb30a-5e74-489e-bfb2-5489a7e028a0.jpg