Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Thunderstone

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Epica

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Jorn

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
It's very hard for me to say this but Mercenary was my favorite. JORN was nothing short of amazing but something about Mercenary just hit me hard this year......besides the drum stick that almost knocked me out. :zombie:

Man, I'm having a hard time deciding between Freak Kitchen and Epica...they have completely different sounds, so it's not even fair to compare....

Freak Kitchen totally stole the show. I knew they would be good, but I had no idea that they would be among the best bands to ever play at PP. I put their set in the same league as PoS at PP1 and the WoMD/Savatage set from a few years ago. Just amazing stuff. Our sponsorship money was well spent!

dt

Pacman2000 said:
Man, I'm having a hard time deciding between Freak Kitchen and Epica...they have completely different sounds, so it's not even fair to compare....

Just vote for Epica. :p

Agreed on so many points, but I have to go with Circus Maximus. They envision everything that is a ProgPower band IMHO and delivered it live, plus very nice guys. I would've loved to go along with all the FK fans, of which I now consider myself one too, but I have to stick with what got me to the fest, which is both prog and power = Circus Maximus.

I can't put a vote. EVERYONE was amazing. My favorites were Mercenary, Vision Divine, Thunderstone and Epica. Savage Circus also deserves a note for making us feel as if we were watching Blind Guardian in the early 90s (well, kinda). Hooorayyyy Progpower!! :)

Bear said:
Wow thats to hard to pick just one...

Circus Maximus was awesome!!!Evergrey slayed.... Freeak Kitchen owned!Mercenary ripped!!!!and Jorn, was just superb....!!!!

Bear

That about sums it up. Bear, it was nice meeting you over breakfast Friday morning. And thanks for bringin' Wade along, he was very cool. What a nice guy.:headbang:

It would be a tie with Evergrey and Epica, but as I had seen Epica 4 times before, and we can only vote for one, I'm gonna have to vote for Evergrey :headbang:

That being said, I enjoyed Freak Kitchen, Mercenary, Circus Maximus and Circle II Circle a LOT as well.

An awesome first PPUSA for me, and I'll definitely try my best to come back next year, pretty much whoever is playing.