Female Vocals: Which do you prefer?

'Ethereal' or 'Earthy/Sensual' female vocals?

• Ethereal

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Earthy/Sensual

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
I agree with TheMindzI concerning the female vocals on Insanity's Crescendo. They are both strong and sensual- awesome!!
Angela from Arch Enemy can growl and screech but from what I know she has no range and uses no clean vocals...

I do like bjork- very unique and awesome.
Tori Amos.
The girl from COF is decent.
MOTW female vocals such as on the track Blight of River-Systems are dreamy and beautiful.
Devil Doll - Dies Irae, track 2. very haunting and awe inspiring.
Tiamat - Wildhoney - A Pocket Size Sun. Can't explain it.

Arcana - Cantar De Procella - 03 - The Soneg Of Solitude (The Cry Of Isolde)

Go.

Listen.

NOW!

:p

Have I missed it, or has no one mentioned Elisabeth Toriser of Dargaard?? :zombie: I'd marry her voice if I could.

Gymsokk said:
I like the vocals to Dream Theater, Jamie LaBrie is great!!

Yeah, but he's no Geddy Lee. Best female vocalist of all time, hands down. =P

Seriously, though. I love Anneke's voice, and the singer from Madder Mortem. I'm also starting to love Brody Dalle from the Distillers. She has the greatest scream I've ever heard from a girl, and she can scream in key and sing too.

My two faves (mentioned numerous times before) are Angela Gossow and Christina Scabbia. Nothing touches them, IMO, when it comes to female vox.

I do like the ethereal vocals in the background of 'Are You There' by Anathema. They add quite a lot to the atmosphere. Any of you familiar with the song?

My favorite female vocalist would be Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil. Nice mid range vocalist who pulls off her vocals flawlessly live. Lacuna Coil is a fantastic band in my opinion. They were great live (once again!) on Monday night!