Guess the 2016 Lineup

SF Metal Man

Jan 17, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Honestly, I am getting fewer vibes as to what to expect next year than in previous years. So what do you think? Here is my guess, which is probably 90% wrong:

Wednesday:
Circus Maximus
Haken
Nightingale

Thursday:
Gamma Ray
Vanden Plas
ElectroNomicon

Friday:
Fates Warning (Awaken the Guardian set)
Powerwolf
Kingscrow
Ghost Ship Octavius
Amoral
Lords of Black

Saturday:
Unisonic
Circus Maximus
Brainstorm
Triosphere
Serious Black
Gloryhammer

I'm trying to see who has new albums coming out and which of the "regulars" are due for a show..

I honestly don't know personally how he will top Anathema and Riverside the same weekend(for me at least)

I'm not going to post an actual line up,just bands I feel could be here..and possibly a time slot

I agree with kingcrow...I actually think they get a number 3 spot this time,their last 2 disks were amazing
Haken is also due
Brainstorm would be a good pick
Serious Black....yes
My retro pick every year...Saga

The headliners though....I just don't know...maybe Devin Townsend...does all of Ziltoid 1?

As much as I would like to try every time I do its not even close haha... I definitely would love to see GSO though, love that album.... I like to be surprised and I will still come to the fest no matter what so whoever plays is good for me...

Bear

Have NO clue about possible headliners. Anathema's probably the last major name in prog that hasn't played before and it seems like all the big power metal bands have been here fairly recently.

Friday:
Amorphis
Powerwolf
Serenity
Vanishing Point
Kingcrow
Ghost Ship Octavius

Saturday:
Gamma Ray (Land of the Free set)
The Ocean
Haken
Heavenly
Shattered Skies
Eclipse

As much as I would like to try every time I do its not even close haha... I definitely would love to see GSO though, love that album.... I like to be surprised and I will still come to the fest no matter what so whoever plays is good for me...

Bear

Of course none of us are ever close. But it is still fun to see peoples guesses.

(I'll bet Glenn gets a kick out of seeing how wrong we all are)

Thursday Night

Alpha Tiger
Sieges Even re-union
James LaBrie solo

Friday Night

Ascendia
Storm Hammer
Borealis
Impelliteri
Circus Maximus
Helloween

Saturday

Ghost Ship Octavious
Max Pie
Arcane
PC 69
Vision Divine
Savatage

I was actually expecting Ascendia to be the replacement for Persefone this year. Seeing them next year almost seems like a given. At least...I hope so. Shattered Skies would also be freakin amazing.

Thursday Night

Alpha Tiger
Sieges Even re-union
James LaBrie solo

Friday Night

Ascendia
Storm Hammer
Borealis
Impelliteri
Circus Maximus
Helloween

Saturday

Ghost Ship Octavious
Max Pie
Arcane
PC 69
Vision Divine
Savatage

Are you suggesting I'm going out of business and no more Wednesday show? :p

no way I can do a full line-up prediction as I'm not really up on the whole power metal side of things

Katatonia
Enslaved
My Dying Bride
Wolverine
Arcane
Fates Warning with John Arch

Does Solitude Aeturnus still do live shows? I'd love to see them at Center Stage. Just saying. Or the Loft, I'm not picky :D

I'd bet the farm that Shattered Skies will be there next year. I have no idea about anyone else though lol. Although I'd love to see Powerwolf even though that's highly unlikely. Within Temptation is another band who should have played the fest by now but unfortunately I don't think they're interested and even if they were, there's no way Glenn could afford them. I do have a gut feeling that Blind Guardian will be making a return next year though.

And I'm going to throw this out there
Would not be surprised to see Morgana Lefay and Persiphone next year on one of the days with what happened this year...

Forgot about blind guardian...this would be a band that would be perfect for one of their albums to be played in their entiretu and given cart blanchefor time on stage

I will reiterate a point I made in another thread that as much as I love Savatage like everyone else, I don't see it as necessary to have SAVATAGE in name play ProgPower. Perhaps if they solidify on rumors of a new album or something like that it could be exciting, but riding on the coattails of the Wacken performance is both lame and unnecessary. We have had something like six Savatage performances in the last ten years, with the number of times Oliva and CIIC have hit the stage in various forms. I love the band, and always will; I just don't see it as necessary until they as an entity have some news as to future plans.

I do, however, like the idea of having returning bands come and do special sets - Amorphis doing their 1,000 Lakes set, or Fates Warning with the Awaken the Guardian set. If bands (even headliners) return, having them do something we haven't seen before really excites me. Just about every one of the "full album" sets have been awesome to watch. Hell, even Pain of Salvation (a band I just don't care for) knocked their set out of the park once they got their act together and got back on stage. So I'm hoping for a few more of these types of sets next year.