ProgPower USA: Follow the action on Twitter

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
In what is believed to be a metal scene first, the promoter of ProgPower USA is officially inviting the general public to follow the festival’s unique mode of operations. Readers will learn what goes on behind the scenes before, during, and after the festival. Updates will include advance practical preparation such as gear, stage logistics, travel notes, and current negotiations/hints for the 2010 roster. Expect live updates from soundchecks, crew updates from the stage during the show, band reactions as they step off stage, backstage gossip, and a post show commentary. To sign up, please visit: http://twitter.com/ProgPowerUSA

ProgPower USA is a 4 day progressive and power metal festival scheduled for Sept 9th-12th in Atlanta, Georgia. This year’s 10th anniversary show features the following acts

Fates Warning, Andre Matos (U.S. exclusive), Brainstorm (U.S. exclusive), Royal Hunt (U.S. exclusive), Sabaton (U.S. exclusive), Pagan’s Mind, Orphaned Land (U.S. exclusive), Circus Maximus (U.S. exclusive), Diablo Swing Orchestra (U.S. exclusive), Tomorrow’s Eve (U.S. exclusive), and Power Quest (U.S. exclusive).

The annual Thursday night Showcase presents Primal Fear, Vanden Plas (U.S. exclusive), Suspyre, and Future’s End.

The Mid-Week Mayhem on Wednesday features a unique acoustic performance from Pagan Maximus (featuring the combined members of Pagan’s Mind & Circus Maximus), the Queensryche tribute band Mindcrime (with Chris Salinas from Zero Hour on vocals) performing Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety. Also announced is a short set from Krucible with live Queensrcyhe karaoke to follow.

Tickets for all shows are still available. For further information, please visit www.progpowerusa.com .

Twitter is the biggest fail on the internet. I understand the marketing ideas behind it, but my god, facebook is bad enough. Twitter is like the diareah of the retarded dog of the unwanted baby of facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
if I can figure out what the heck a Twitter is, then I will do this...

In an effort to pull in the non-believers, Twitter is the only place you will see updates such as this one:

ProgPowerUSA: 236,262 posts on the forum...PP USA XI's first confirmed band mentioned in exactly 4 posts. Yes...all of 4 posts!

However, anyone can copy/paste the updates and discuss on this forum.

In an effort to pull in the non-believers, Twitter is the only place you will see updates such as this one:

You won't get me. Signing up for twitter to me would be like eating meat to a vegetarian. I've gotta stick to my morals. Rest assured that if I were ever to sign up for twitter, this would be my excuse.

Anyway, more power to the twitterleberties, or tweetaholics, or twits, whatever they're calling themselves. It's an absolutely brilliant move on your part to do this. That, I think, is unquestionable. People who think like me are an extreme minority and you can reach a massive new fanbase with this.

I find the negative feedback amusing. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying "sign up now!" This is simply a way to potentially expand the fanbase and give something extra to the fans. It's a great marketing tool as Nailz stated.

Just enjoy the show as you always have without pissing on other's parade.