Kamelot with Michael Eriksen video now online!

He did a good job and is a good singer but still i dont think his voice has the character of Khan. But i presume he is one of the top cadidates to replace Khan. It just makes them more generic in the vocal department, but i will give him a chance if hes the guy.

He did a good job and is a good singer but still i dont think his voice has the character of Khan. But i presume he is one of the top cadidates to replace Khan. It just makes them more generic in the vocal department, but i will give him a chance if hes the guy.
Generic? Seriously? Mike hit every single note that Khan can no longer hit on his best day. I love Khan, too, but Mikey just fucking killed!

I've always loved the melody in this song and Eriksen does a fine job. Actually, I think he sounds a heck of alot like Khan. I wish that he'd loose those damn sunglasses though!

~Brian~

Honestly, I never really liked the dude's voice in CM. Hell, it's no secret I really don't care for CM at all and a lot of it is I find his voice to be rather bland in that band. However, I will give credit where it is due. He did an absolutely astounding job here and I would have to say he did a better job than Khan ever has. Like Milt, it really makes me pissed I missed this.

Great performance. Truly a special event. Especially since I've seen Kamelot with Roy a few times before, so I can compare. Also, worth noting that the background singer guy had a great performance of "Karma" and Johnny from Seventh Wonder came in and killed it on a song too. Fucking cool show.

Also: want to ask in this topic since it seems pertinent: will we see video recording of this year's ProgPowerUSA?

^^ You mean Tommy (=singer) from Seventh Wonder, Johnny was :)waah:) the drummer.

Honestly, I never really liked the dude's voice in CM.

"the dude's" name is Michael Eriksen.

the background singer guy had a great performance of "Karma"

"the background singer guy" is Jake E Berg of Amaranthe and Dreamland.

Johnny from Seventh Wonder came in and killed it on a song too.

Tommy Karevik is Seventh Wonder's vocalist and Kazar is correct, Johnny Sandin *was* their drummer.

~Jen

Honestly, I never really liked the dude's voice in CM. Hell, it's no secret I really don't care for CM at all and a lot of it is I find his voice to be rather bland in that band.

Simon, have you ever really taken time to listen to the First Chapter? I don't see how you can say that Eriksen's voice is bland. :zombie:

~Brian~

"the dude's" name is Michael "The Vocal God" Eriksen.

~Jen

fixed

there are few singers that can just come on stage and belt out notes and passages as seemingly effortless as he does. I don't see how anyone, even as a personal opinion, equates Mike's vocals to bland.

Simon, have you ever really taken time to listen to the First Chapter? I don't see how you can say that Eriksen's voice is bland. :zombie:

~Brian~

I've tried and tried AND tried getting into them. And I just don't get it. I loved his vocals on this Kamelot song, but CM bores the hell out of me.

:lol: Different strokes for different folks. As I've said before they are one band I probably should love considering all the other bands I enjoy with a similar style but yeah, it just doesn't click.

I am curious though, did you just stop at their debut or did you give their newest a chance as well?

I am curious though, did you just stop at their debut or did you give their newest a chance as well?

Before X I went on their myspace a couple of times and have listened to 3 off the debut and 3 off the second, which is much more effort I give most bands if I don't like them at first. Plus, even when I saw them live I didn't enjoy them.

yes he does a good job on this song as i said. his CM stuff though is mostly all high pitch wailing that sounds like 20 000 other "prog" bands when he sings in his relaxed mid range it is similar to Roy which is why he can sound good singing kamelot covers for sure, but when he has to belt it out its too High pitch wining to me, and Kamelot would sound like CM then and it would lose it uniqueness.
Dont get me wrong though the guy can sing his ass off, its just his voice doesnt stand out among other good singers in the genre.

his CM stuff though is mostly all high pitch wailing that sounds like 20 000 other "prog" bands when he sings in his relaxed mid range it is similar to Roy which is why he can sound good singing kamelot covers for sure, but when he has to belt it out its too High pitch wining to me, and Kamelot would sound like CM then and it would lose it uniqueness.

:rolleyes:

Moonchild141 said:
Dont get me wrong though the guy can sing his ass off, its just his voice doesnt stand out among other good singers in the genre.

Dude, you make me laugh... :lol:

his CM stuff though is mostly all high pitch wailing that sounds like 20 000 other "prog" bands

I couldn't disagree more. He's a "ball squeezer" for sure, but he does it better than most in my opinion.

I think our very own Lance King and Michael Eriksen need to do an Allen/Lande type of project together! :worship:

Oh Lance! :Smokedev:

~Brian~

Good video, and I also think Michael did a fantastic job filling in.

The funny thing is I saw this on Blabber, my first thought was that Glenn sure is going to be mad about someone posting a bootleg from the show.

:p
I thought that too. I thought "oh man, Glenn is going to have a cow!"

The video was great. I wish I would have come to the fest now. I already had plans to see Kamelot in Cleveland and I didn't really want to travel all that way as funds were light.

All that said, Eriksen would be an excellent replacement for Roy if that comes to pass, although I don't know if that would mean no more CM. A lot of people are in multiple bands nowadays.