Healing Frequencies

Seriously. HE'S A DENTIST.

Hahahahaha, best fucking post in this thread.

I worked in health foods and alternative medicine for a looonnng time, so I'm familiar with a lot of this. Despite so much being proven placebo effect, I still find it relaxing. Progressive relaxation and guided meditations have really helped me to reduce my stress level, but it's certainly no replacement for modern medicine. The best is if you can find a happy working medium between the two.

Binaural beats are a different thing and from what I understand there is actually medical data involved that at least supports the that entrainment occurs even if the medical value is debatable.

Doesn't the fact that we can alter the mood of the listener simply with SOUND excite you?

I would also like some scientific information about how binaural beats work and if THEY work, there's gotta be other sound anomalies we can put to use to have an effect on the listener don't you think?

Doesn't the fact that we can alter the mood of the listener simply with SOUND excite you?

I would also like some scientific information about how binaural beats work and if THEY work, there's gotta be other sound anomalies we can put to use to have an effect on the listener don't you think?

Isn't that the whole point of music? I get what you mean though and of course it can be exciting. My point was it's reasonable to get excited about things that are demonstrably real (or at least plausible) but not unfounded grand assertions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_entrainment

All BS. And binaural sounds seem to work only on those who "trust" in it, and by work, we don't mean any factual long term effect or change, at least I haven't found any tangible proof it has an actual effect. If it makes people enjoy the moment or feel relaxed, then good for them, but actual proof it has effect hasn't totally been made, or at least nowhere near what binaural sound defenders seem to advertise. I have tried them myself, didn't feel anything special, was just annoying after some time. I could sleep just as well listening to any song

And yeah placebo still work when you know it's a placebo. For example when I'm sick, and before I have any treatment for it, or if it's just something that don't need anything, I still take a bit of paracetamol, or "somewhat-related-plant-medicine-pill-I-have-kept" because of the ritual, cause then I can think about something else instead of just thinking about how bad I feel. Stupid but it does work, even if I'm totally aware of placebo effects. Won't cure you for any serious sickness but it will make you forget a little about what you have and realize its improvement, and maybe help by being positive about it (it's well known being positive and motivated about recovering can help a lot)

All BS. And binaural sounds seem to work only on those who "trust" in it, and by work, we don't mean any factual long term effect or change, at least I haven't found any tangible proof it has an actual effect. If it makes people enjoy the moment or feel relaxed, then good for them, but actual proof it has effect hasn't totally been made, or at least nowhere near what binaural sound defenders seem to advertise. I have tried them myself, didn't feel anything special, was just annoying after some time. I could sleep just as well listening to any song.
I agree that the benefits of binaural are totally debatable, but it has been proven via EEG that entrainment occurs. Whether that has any useful value is where it gets into new age grey area but the phenomenon alone is pretty amazing even if it's totally useless.