ah done planted my chiles

6 different kinds!

gonna make some awesome sauce with some of these later

so i just tried harissa for the first time today

harissa01.jpg

which is a kind of tunisian chile paste with cumin and whatnot in it

shit's a lot hotter than i expected :Smokedev:

and tasty

So I went to Trader Joe's today to pick up some more Soyaki sauce and I came across their new Habanero Sauce. Surprisingly, it's DAMN fucking good. It's got the heat and that fantastic habanero flavor that I crave. Recommended!

flyer-habanerohotsauce.jpg

are all these sauces next to one another in your store? Soyaki sauce ... what's that btw?

my girlfriend (being THE BEST girlfriend) got me these for my barfday:

gEA4v.jpg

I'm glad this thread finally grew its ballsack back. I think I got mad at siriridhsirdhchchic because I ran into too many "I didn't like any hot sauce until I tried THIS" people and that shit sent up my hipster-gaydar quicker than Jerry's at a transvestite Attack Attack tribute band concert.

I love Blair's and Ass Kickin' so god damn much. Also most stuff at Trader Joe's is quite good, even the Taco Bell one, haha. I'm not entirely sold on cayenne chocolate bars but a few I've tried are pretty good.

I'm a bumper, what can I say. :loco:

I told the wife earlier "yeah, I need to check in on ye olde music forum, so I'll be back in a couple of hours."

She wandered in here at one point "wow you're so quiet!"

The only time I'm quiet is on RC...?! Only because the blabbing is being typed instead of spoken. :Spin:

Yep. I still have the "computer" table that has all my cigarette burns on it. I'd get loaded, then start really typing something highly important, and look over to see the table burning.

Also I retold the Squishy Dead Titties story just a few weeks ago. Good times. :tickled:

hey nad

okay now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk about the hot sauces above (because i've now tried them all)

blair's sweet death: very nice on burgers but a little too sweet. although i knew this going into it: not enough heat
blair's jalapeño/tequila: this one is awesome and has a LOT of garlic to it. fuck if i can taste the tequila, but i don't like tequila anyway so it's all good. still not a lot of heat.
pure jalapeño: it is what it is
ass kickin' wasabi: this one has the most kick to it (he he he.) out of these, there is a definite wasabi flavour but it doesn't have the FUCKED IN THE NOSE wasabi feel. most/all of the heat feels like its from the habaneros. either way it's good with a rather "green" flavour, despite the colour of the sauce
ass kickin' regular hot sauce: i'm not sure this kicked my ass so much. it tastes a lot like a lighter barbecue sauce with a little heat. i'd actually prefer a vinegary tabasco-style sauce for allround usage

my favourite out of these has gotta be the blair's jal/teq.

Erik I'm very jealous of your chili garden. I had a few plants at one point but never made sauces out of them, just cooked with and/or ate off the vine.

I'm partial to the Ass Kickin' Garlic and Blair's Original Death from each o' them. I also absolutely devoured a bottle of Blair's Golden Death recently, at first it tasted weird but then 3 days later it was gone. So I guess I liked it.

I bought something called Tiger Sauce yesterday, I don't even know what it is but the bottle said "TRY ME" so I will. I need to make a visit to my local hot sauce stop soon, been out and this shit makes me BETTER so it must happen quick.

I have some Dave's Gourmet in my fridge, and one of them is incredibly hot (Insanity Sauce I think it's called?) but I don't really enjoy any of them.