SALAD DRESSING

Mar 1, 2009
sweet face: Salad Dressing
what's your favourite salad dressing!?

it's REALLY HARD to get a decent selection of salad yum-yumz in Tejas, usually stores just have the usual varieties of Kraft (i love Kraft and salad though) and Wish Bone which is weak as hell

sometimes you can get some of the witch's dressings but i'm unsure which is for me. i don't think i'm ready for the THOUSAND ISLAND 666 dressings that are positively painful but i think all of the common brands are way too weak, does anyone have any suggestions or what

Ken's has some good oil-based dressings, if you're going the cheap route. Otherwise, I think it's better to just buy some high quality oils and spices and make your own. If you're talking cream, I usually just take the lazy way out. I actually like Kraft's Spicy Ranch. I use it in a simple little sandwich recipe I have.

-Score a large portabella cap, brush olive oil on both sides, cover with kosher salt and cracked peppercorns. Grill.
-Ready the broiler in your oven
- Lay the portabella cap on a piece of sourdough, cover with a few healthy slices of muenster and throw into broiler for about 15 seconds, lay the other piece of sourdough next to it as to toast it just a tad.
- Cover in spicy ranch, close up the sandwich, and eat.

On that note, extra virgin olive oils aren't always extra-virgin. I can't remember where the list is, but there's a number of brands not worth bothering with, like Bertolli. iirc the Costco olive oil and some of your supermarket brands are actually higher quality than their name-brand counterparts.