How about ProgPower New York

The last thing I would want to do is pay a cabbie $100 for my cabride from the airport to the hotel and then again from the hotel to the venue. Getting around that town safely on my own and affordably would be a big concern for me. Now, if it were set up like Atlanta where I can just jump on a train to the hotel and venue and not rent a car or take a taxi, I'd consider it more.

Believe it or not, cabs are cheap in NY.... :)

NYC,not a good idea(would cost $1000 per person with food,transportation,lodging,andn tix)
Better idea if you want to do a NYC area
New Jersey(ben,if you read this,is Stone Pony still open?)

$1,000 a person? Yeah, maybe if you spend all your time buying $20 shots and wasting money on strippers in Scores. :lol:

Food, transportation and lodging are no more expensive than they are in any other major city, including Atlanta. Trust me, I've lived here my entire life and I've seen enough of the rest of the country to know that we compare pretty favorably. The only thing I've seen be slightly more expensive is the booze. Otherwise, if you're talking about an area like Times Square, for example, there are plenty of cheap places to eat like Applebee's, Chevy's, hundreds of pizzerias - and everything is within walking distance. And I don't mean blocks away, either. I mean ten or twelve feet. Not only that, everything stays open practically 24/7, so you'd literally never have to leave whatever neighborhood the venue is in. And who the heck needs a car in Manhattan? There are $2 buses and subways to and from the airport that will take you anywhere in the city, and once you're there, all you need is a Metro Card and subway map. Anyone can get around this city easily, no matter where you're from.

An event in NYC would be obscenely expensive for a promoter, but for an attendee? Nah.

~C

Agreed. Transportation in Atlanta is more expensive than NYC.

Food is slightly more expensive up in NY, but it depends on where you eat. Houlahan's is Houlahan's, Subway is Subway, no matter where you go. The difference in price is a matter of pennies.

Uhh........I lived on Long Island for 30 years,so I DO know what I'm talking about.
Find me a hotel under $150 a night within close proximity of NYC(that is ether not in the South Bronx,Brownsville,or is infested with roaches)
The only way a NYC show works is if its held outside of the actual City(hell,even Long Island,don't know whats still open there,Mulcahy's is a huge bar,remember Dream Theater playing there a few times,maybe Westbury Music Fair.but the drawback to Long Island is lack of hotels at all),either CT,NJ,or Westchester/Rockland,ect

The one good thing about a NY show is all of you would be schooled in the wonders of tru NY pizza(all other pizza is false,period)

$1,000 a person? Yeah, maybe if you spend all your time buying $20 shots and wasting money on strippers in Scores.
I forgot about how obscenely expensive alcohol is in NYC(the average bill for a PPer would be $75 a night at the bar),
and the Scores thing,this is one place I DO have some peeps at (But I do see again,large ammounts of $$$ being spent there,this is not Atlanta,)

Having been to NYC many times I agree the Pizza is out of this world. Theres a place in either Smithstown or Happauge L.I. that has amazing Pizza too.

Having said that theres a place here in Nashua NH that makes NYC style Pizza and its absolutely delicious. Alot of places claim NYC style but its not. This place 100% is.

Ok so Im sidetracked......anyone see the ridiculous commercials for Dominos Brooklyn style pizza? LOL what a joke.

Ok so Im sidetracked......anyone see the ridiculous commercials for Dominos Brooklyn style pizza? LOL what a joke.

The commericals are ridiculous. Not to mention, if you saw the people that actually worked at the Domino's, you'd laugh even harder....

Anyway, I'm almost tempted to try it just to see how bad it is.

It's like when you stop to see a car crash, that sort of thing.

The commericals are ridiculous. Not to mention, if you saw the people that actually worked at the Domino's, you'd laugh even harder....

Anyway, I'm almost tempted to try it just to see how bad it is.

It's like when you stop to see a car crash, that sort of thing.

Let me save you the time and money. It blows. It taste like Dominos pizza just a bigger slice.

They say it;s the best pizza in the USA.
I don't really agree..(but only tried pizza from NY, CT, Atlanta and somewhere in PA) but then again, the only pizza I really like is from my city :p (São Paulo - Brazil)

Dominos=laxitive that tastes like 3rd rate tomato soup and false cheese like substance
if you want post alcohol food THAT can act like laxitive and tastes great
White Castle(another NYC area delicacy,although street meat might actually have more nutricianal value