How about ProgPower New York

Which is why I'm clearly not taking the lead, since I'm still at school and I'm kind of broke.

And also - and anyone else feel free to chime in here, but I don't think the market can really handle another metal festival in the US any time soon, unless it REALLY distiguishes itself from what's out there. Progpower was really the first, and is clearly the best, but now we also have chicago powerfest, and there was bwbk, maybe the seattle metalfest, maybe something in minneapolis, and now the texas madfest. I'm sure there are probably several more.

Granted, metal is gaining some popularity here in the states, but a lot of the attendees to each fest seem to overlap; and a person can only go to so many festivals... so I think it would be a huge gamble to try to host a festival in NY, at least within the next few years.
- All that aside, I'd still love to help if someone had a great idea to make it a stand out show and had the funds to risk on it, but I imagine it would definitely be an uphill battle.

I think its great that people want to do a festival. There are tons in Europe. And PP shouldn't be affected no matter the number.

In due time, PP will no longer have major bands that will be making their first appearance in the US. PP will be relying probably on the fact that they can pull certain bands that other festivals can't, special shows (reunions, or things like Glenn was going to do with Nevermore [them playing a full album]). Plus the pure love for the event.

As much as I'd love to get into the business in the future, I don't imagine doing so while I'm in Atlanta. Primarily because I wouldn't want the appearance of anything with getting in the way of PP (this doesn't include promoting some local small shows, just any larger/festival like shows).

But I do wish those the best of luck. Because the greater the metal scene (as long as it says true) in the US, the better we are all off.

Don't go there J...seriously...you don't know what you're getting into ;)

Bring it! :lol: Seriously, In my multiple trips to NY for disaster recovery testing, I have NEVER had a pizza that was anything better than "ok"
We even had the locals point us in the right direction, no go.....
DON'T make me burn my Dark Empire mp3s! :heh:

:)

J-Dubya

Let me throw in an eye-opener....

You do not get a single cent from Ticketmaster, Ticket Alternative, etc until the event is over. That is U.S. law in order to prevent credit card fraud. That means you need your own money (or deal with the venue) to essentially pay for everything in advance and then reimburse yourself once the event is over.

That is an eye-opener, in fact Glenn I was going to call you today and ask you about that very subject, thanks for the insight. As I am putting up the money for the TEXAS MADFEST 2007, i now know when and if we will break even, go broke, or what.

Let me throw in an eye-opener....

You do not get a single cent from Ticketmaster, Ticket Alternative, etc until the event is over. That is U.S. law in order to prevent credit card fraud. That means you need your own money (or deal with the venue) to essentially pay for everything in advance and then reimburse yourself once the event is over.

Or they could rip off your ideia and do a Platinum Badge, for advance sales. :p

Hmmm well Glen... considering the demand for these type of events... your expertise in building them, and the fact that you have been building a household name in the scene for making quality events, it wouldn't be such a bad idea for you (personally) to offer service in the logistical matters and such and collect a fee out of it (say 15-10% of total event income?)... the way i see it, it would help you and ProgPower to grow even more and establish strong contacts all across the country not to mention... work with a bigger budget and even get in touch with more sponsors.