I hope you all know you are going to rot in hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surpassing the level of beyond ridiculous. Grow up, people. Especially you, Montu.

Really am I? I try to live on my own merits, and not simply ride the teachings and coattails of someone who may or may not have lived 2000 something years ago - or by the voice of some imaginary guy in the sky, who also may or may not exist.

I've found my life far more "rewarding" now that I've abandoned the religious path and instead took up the idea of livin' for what I want to live for - and still bein' a decent person at the same time.

Religion is a crutch for the weak, and at times I find it tempting to use that crutch - as I'm certainly not a "strong" individual, but I go on to realize that - I have to live for myself, not some "God."

A minute has gone by along time ago. Get back to my post imo.

I'm gonna use myself as an example here. I sure as hell don't use God or Christianity as a crutch. I use it as a kind of regulator for myself. See, I have the potential to do some very bad/evil things, as does everyone else. Without my belief in God and shit, I might decide commit a crime if I can get away with it. Because there is not going to be any punishment, right? However I believe in hell, and I most definitely don't want to end up there. So I refrain from doing things that might get me sent to the infernale fires. I don't pray every day, I don't even go to regular mass. Most people I know are like this as well. Because imo God will not help you in your petty little life struggles which you can easily handle yourself.

Most christians do not rely on God to get them through the day or whatever. They know that their life struggles and worries will all pay off in the end (hopefully) in the transcendence to heaven. Which is the whole point of my belief in God. There is nothing appealing to me about living and subsequently dying in a hole in the ground. Life is hard. Living life knowing and that you will be rewarded the ultimate prize is much better than living life thinking there is nothing out there, no god. That's a pretty depressing thought to me.

I could type more on this and might.

I'm gonna use myself as an example here. I sure as hell don't use God or Christianity as a crutch. I use it as a kind of regulator for myself. See, I have the potential to do some very bad/evil things, as does everyone else. Without my belief in God and shit, I might decide commit a crime if I can get away with it. Because there is not going to be any punishment, right? However I believe in hell, and I most definitely don't want to end up there. So I refrain from doing things that might get me sent to the infernale fires. I don't pray every day, I don't even go to regular mass. Most people I know are like this as well. Because imo God will not help you in your petty little life struggles which you can easily handle yourself.

Most christians do not rely on God to get them through the day or whatever. They know that their life struggles and worries will all pay off in the end (hopefully) in the transcendence to heaven. Which is the whole point of my belief in God. There is nothing appealing to me about living and dying in a hole in the ground. Life is hard. Living life knowing and that you will be rewarded the ultimate prize is much better than living life thinking there is nothing out there, no god. That's a pretty depressing thought to me.

holy shit... nice job proving every single christianity critic 100% correct with this post :lol: :lol:

that second part of your part is abso-fucking-lutely 100% exactly what mort divine is referring to when he says xtianity is a crutch for the mentally weak.

holy shit... nice job proving every single christianity critic 100% correct with this post :lol: :lol:

that second part of your part is abso-fucking-lutely 100% exactly what mort divine is referring to when he says xtianity is a crutch for the mentally weak.

You didn't even read it. I actually don't care what I proved and disproved. It doesn't matter at all.

Most christians do not rely on God to get them through the day or whatever. They know that their life struggles and worries will all pay off in the end (hopefully) in the transcendence to heaven. Which is the whole point of my belief in God. There is nothing appealing to me about living and dying in a hole in the ground. Life is hard. Living life knowing and that you will be rewarded the ultimate prize is much better than living life thinking there is nothing out there, no god. That's a pretty depressing thought to me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly what it means when people refer to christianity as a crutch for the weak. It is a crutch for those who cannot come to terms with the reality of life and death.

I desire to go to Hell, not to Heaven. In Hell I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, but in Heaven are only beggars, monks, hermits and apostles. -- Niccolo Machiavelli

Most christians do not rely on God to get them through the day or whatever. They know that their life struggles and worries will all pay off in the end (hopefully) in the transcendence to heaven. Which is the whole point of my belief in God. There is nothing appealing to me about living and subsequently dying in a hole in the ground. Life is hard. Living life knowing and that you will be rewarded the ultimate prize is much better than living life thinking there is nothing out there, no god. That's a pretty depressing thought to me.

1) If you can't stop yourself from commiting a crime off of the basis that "this is wrong because it hurts others" alone and need the fear of punishment to stop you, I'd say weakness creeps up in there.

2) There is no appeal to dying in a hole in the ground either - but one doesn't have to believe in God for it to be possible to live on (vicariously mind you through being absorbed into this Earth and then becoming the nutrients of plants, and eventually feeding the entirety of beings to come after you in a cyclical manner, I personally find that to be FAR more reassuring than eternal life.)

3) One should not live and act to be rewarded, rather one should live to do what they feel is right - to ease the suffering of oneself and that of many others, to be happy - one shouldn't worry about the beyond, just live a good life while here.

Status
Not open for further replies.