I made my choice

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Well...

I could have went the safe route and chose A. The newer "regulars" would have been happy, the old guard would have been "ok" with it and a few would be "fuck, not again."

I could have went with B. Some would be happy to get a chance to see a band again under PP conditions. Some would rather not, but would have been "ok" with it. For others, it would have been beer time.

I could have went with C. There is a tour yet to be announced scheduled for this fall and I could have been just another stop. People would have been happy, but some would say "why bother traveling."

Damn it, this is ProgPower USA. I didn't get here by playing it safe. I got here with my gut and taking chances. Yes, I could fall on my ass this year, but life goes on. The main thing is that I'm happy with the sudden turn of events over the past 24 hrs. There will be plenty of bitching like there is every year once I go public, but life goes on. This year's roster is the most unconventional and controversial yet. Fuck it. Let's stick with that theme.

I chose D. See you here on Monday if all goes as anticipated.

Glenn H.

Hell yah man! Even though I voted (b)... choice (d) is definitely the most fun / most exciting choice :D

Harvester said:
This year's roster is the most unconventional and controversial yet. Fuck it. Let's stick with that theme.
LOL! I love it!!!

Harvester said:
...Damn it, this is ProgPower USA. I didn't get here by playing it safe. I got here with my gut and taking chances...
Glenn H.
Way to go Glenn, that attitude is definitely what has helped create a fest like no other, can't wait to see who's added Monday.:headbang:

That's why we love you Glenn!
Can't wait till monday!
ALL THE EXCIMENT AND THE HYPE IS BACK! WOO-HOO!

Any cryptic roster clue? lol

YES! I KNEW the Pretty Maids would be very easy to negotiate with!!! Imagine, a classic yet current band, gracing the ProgPower stage and the USA for the first time since, what, 1990? Let's ponder the setlist.....all those great cds to choose from......aaaaahhhhhh. Can't wait for Monday! :)

honestly I am very surprised by this, and frankly kind of disappointed because I havent seen so many of those other bands that he mentioned. However I am sure Glenn will pick a good band to appease the masses.

Harvester said:
Damn it, this is ProgPower USA. I didn't get here by playing it safe. I got here with my gut and taking chances. Yes, I could fall on my ass this year, but life goes on. The main thing is that I'm happy with the sudden turn of events over the past 24 hrs. There will be plenty of bitching like there is every year once I go public, but life goes on. This year's roster is the most unconventional and controversial yet. Fuck it. Let's stick with that theme.

I chose D.

You SEXY f***in bitch. :headbang:

Harvester said:
This year's roster is the most unconventional and controversial yet. Fuck it. Let's stick with that theme.

Glenn H.

Hell yeah! That's my boy. Im psyched for this announcement. and Im sure it will be an interesting choice...glad you are feeling better about this Glenn!

Joel

Harvester said:

Preach on, Brother Glenn!

Harvester said:
I could have went with C. There is a tour yet to be announced scheduled for this fall

Dammit! Now not only do we get to play "guess the new headliner", but we also have to play, "What tour is he referring to?!?!?!"

Ken

Awesome.

And again - it's not like the damn show doesn't sell out within a few days no matter WHAT bands you book... let the whiners whine and threaten to stay home. Others will take their place.

Good on ya Glenn - I know we're all gonna be curious to see what you pull out of the hat this time :) I'd say most people here place enormous faith in your musical taste - and hopefully knowing that you have so many die-hard supporters of the Fest as an overall event makes it eassier for you to take risks. Like so many have said before - it doesnt matterwho it is - I'll still be there. With choice D it's a heckuva lot more likely that it will be a special night - and someone I havent seen live before.

Thanks, and now the countdown until Monday begins,
Jeff

metalprof said:
Preach on, Brother Glenn!

Dammit! Now not only do we get to play "guess the new headliner", but we also have to play, "What tour is he referring to?!?!?!"

Ken

Taken from Dragonforce's myspace:

LATEST NEWS:
Brand New Album 'Inhuman Rampage' OUT NOW!
N. America release date and tour are being worked on.
Bare with us, we'll get there eventually! - DF

So, maybe Dragonforce is touring the states this fall.

As for the headliner, I really have no clue. Someone like Ensiferum would be pretty cool, but I don't know if they are the type of band to play PPUSA or if they're big enough to be a headliner. Oh well, I can dream.

Way to go glenn. Choice "D" this is why we love PP so much. Can't wait till monday and see what happens. Either way i am stoked and ready to roll to the show in september. see you there!!!

WAY TO GO GLENN!!!!!! THIS IS WHY PROGPOWER USA IS THE PREMIER FESTIVAL IN NOT JUST THE USA BUT IN THE WORLD. It has a promoter that is willing to listen and take chances, and bring what his fans want. No matter who it is I am confident it will sell out and fast. I know i will be there no matter what. GLENN YOU FRIGGING RULE MY MAN.