INTROMENTAL announces Uniting the Powers of Metal 2011 East Coast Tour

NY fans can at least catch Creation's End playing a small show with Suspyre and other local acts on June 30th at Sullivan Hall.

More news on the Uniting the Powers of Metal tour coming soon.

Not here to bitch, but I am one more person who'd go to a show like this in the Northeast (from upstate NY myself), but can't make it to shows this far south for just one night (family, work, etc.). This is more of a Southeast tour, than East Coast, but hopefully one day this type of music will draw enough people to make traveling further worth it.

Not here to bitch, but I am one more person who'd go to a show like this in the Northeast (from upstate NY myself), but can't make it to shows this far south for just one night (family, work, etc.). This is more of a Southeast tour, than East Coast, but hopefully one day this type of music will draw enough people to make traveling further worth it.

All I can tell you right now is... keep your fingers crossed. :)

Also, thank you so much for the feedback, bro. Very appreciated!

All I can tell you right now is... keep your fingers crossed. :)

Also, thank you so much for the feedback, bro. Very appreciated!
A NYC or PA. show especially on a Friday or Saturday night would have me there easily. My job only affords me three personal days a year so weekend shows work the best. It's a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive to either city and having to wake up the next day for work at 6 a.m. is bad enough when I go to bed early let alone getting in at 2 or 3 in the morning. But, I always appreciate the effort from you, Milton.

Friday and Saturday nights are what every venue wants every tour proposed. I've been flat out told a few times "If we can't have it on the weekend we don't want it at all."

Why? That's weird. Venues are open 7 days a week...dunno why they'd want to limit shows to just two days. Did they give any reason?

That does sound strange, unless it a case of knowing that the only way they'll sell tickets for bands that few people have listened to is to have it on typical drinking nights.

That does sound strange, unless it a case of knowing that the only way they'll sell tickets for bands that few people have listened to is to have it on typical drinking nights.

Bing bing bing!

And if we have people actually come out and have a decent crowd that means more tours like this will be getting booked alot easier next time :)

Why? That's weird. Venues are open 7 days a week...dunno why they'd want to limit shows to just two days. Did they give any reason?

The reasons covered are spot on. For one, the tours I'm told this for are more expensive than free, and in order to recoup costs, they need people who would come out just to see who's playing and pay a cover as well as fans of the bands.

As an example, if I wanted to book, say, a mostly unknown band like Elvenking to a club on a Monday night (actively the lowest turn out night around), and wanted to charge $300, I'd be laughed at. If I wanted to do it on a Friday or Saturday, I'd probably get some consideration.

Venues are NOT always open 7 days a week either, nor do they always have live bands every night. Half the time, they're having bands who will sell cover for them to be able to play as well, why pay for a tour when you can have bands bring you in a specific amount of money instead?

These are all factors that never occurred to me when bitching about why a tour didn't hit my city.

The reasons covered are spot on. For one, the tours I'm told this for are more expensive than free, and in order to recoup costs, they need people who would come out just to see who's playing and pay a cover as well as fans of the bands.

As an example, if I wanted to book, say, a mostly unknown band like Elvenking to a club on a Monday night (actively the lowest turn out night around), and wanted to charge $300, I'd be laughed at. If I wanted to do it on a Friday or Saturday, I'd probably get some consideration.

Venues are NOT always open 7 days a week either, nor do they always have live bands every night. Half the time, they're having bands who will sell cover for them to be able to play as well, why pay for a tour when you can have bands bring you in a specific amount of money instead?

These are all factors that never occurred to me when bitching about why a tour didn't hit my city.

All depends on the venue, I suppose. At least in Atlanta, places like the Masquerade, 529, The Earl, and The Drunken Unicorn do have shows every night of the week. A place like The Local, where this show is being held, is more of a restaurant with a stage in the backroom than it is a dedicated music venue. But a stage is a stage.

I firmly believe that tours with largely unknown bands like this should go the DIY route, but hey...this is a good start. And I have nothing to bitch for since I have a date in my city. Was just curious.

I firmly believe that tours with largely unknown bands like this should go the DIY route, but hey...this is a good start.

Now a days (at least from my eyes) it's harder to get taken seriously at these 'non hole on the wall' venues unless you have an actuall 'agent' representing your band. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to get 7K into JAXX, even offering THEM money to play.

Why? That's like pigeonholing a band and saying "you're never going to amount to anything, so we might as well not bother trying to book you a real tour" ... I had expected more sense from you.

Ok, I did not want to derail this thread and simply asked a question based on something I thought was weird, but I will address this.

How is DIY touring not real touring? Hell, you can even have a booking agent and still tour DIY spots...this is not uncommon. Saw Magrudergrind/Cough play a warehouse in the middle of Atlanta on a Monday night. Main local support dropped at the last minute. 150 people still showed up. No percentages taken from the merch. BYOB. Wormrot played the same place a few weeks later. Same turnout. Miasmal will be here in two weeks at a DIY spot. More people will come to that than if it were booked at the Masquerade due to lower price and cooler people. People come to these places sometimes to see shows but many times just to hang out at cool spots. DIY touring is certainly not pigeonholing, certainly not bad, and you have many, many less expenses. It's a great way to get your name out there when not many people know who you are.

I'm not saying every show should be DIY, as we are very fortunate to have people like Hoyt in Atlanta who have good connections with venues who can get solid deals. There are plenty of bands who are too big for it, too. On your first headlining tour though? It opens you up to a whole world of venues run by people who actually like music and don't see it as a means to a paycheck.

Sorry, but there are reasons why bands from Bonded by Blood and Witchaven to Ceremony and Terror to Nominon and Hellbastard still do stuff like this all the time. It's not an insult, it's not a put-down, it's not a judgment call -- it's an effective method of touring that time and time again has proven that it's a great way to put your name out there.

A place like The Local, where this show is being held, is more of a restaurant with a stage in the backroom than it is a dedicated music venue. But a stage is a stage.

Sorry but the Local Music Venue is more than just a 'restaurant with a stage in the backroom'. It's becoming the main venue for live music in northwest Atlanta. There's Blues there every Thursday night; Country Music - since Cowboys closed down - practically every Friday; and then I bring the metal once a month or so. Other outside promoters like myself also bring other rock and metal shows occasionally. The Local is booked solid every weekend through nearly the end of October. It's becoming the place to be seen outside the perimeter.

And as far as the Intromental show being booked there, it's because the production will cost us less than half and we'll still draw a similar amount of crowd. So that means potentially more profit for the tour... which means more chances for the tour to happen again elsewhere.

The Local is about a 30-min drive up I-75 from Centerstage. Easy to find, free parking, great food, and a nice stage with great sound and lights. No brainer to host the show there.

and The Local is always open to accept a touring band on a weeknight. I have several bands playing there on Sunday June 26th including Xeroderma. :cool:

I do believe I have worked for everything I have and will receive pertaining to this and any forthcoming tour. And, I do believe I will be be paying my way (and the other guys, theirs) to get to each of these venues, and I will be paying for a portion, if not all, of the advertisement to promote these shows. I do believe THAT I will be promoting these shows as much as I feasibly can on my time. I am quite certain that we will all be busting our asses to make each show entertaining and enjoyable for every fan that attends (BTW- most, if not all of these shows are 10 bucks to get into....probably the same, or close to what a smaller "DIY" venue would charge). We are all the musicians who have written the music, paid for the recording of our material, paid for management, paid for advertisements, paid for gear, sacrificed time off of work, etc., etc., etc.

Do we have a competent, motivated booking agent lining up the shows at the best venues that will book us??? OF COURSE!

You tell how the hell this isn't a DIY tour?

And, when all of you keyboard warriors write your material, finance your project, and launch your DIY tour, PLEASE let us all know about it.

I am looking forward to playing for and meeting the fans who will be supporting us at these shows. It is greatly appreciated. The rest of you might just consider a short internal reflecting of what you type before you spew your nonsense here.