Is Ensiferum fit for PP?

I second that, or um, third that. Ensiferum= epic viking metal, and I bet they are cheaper to get than Rhapsody(on fire!!). The Americas really need some live Ensiferum exposure

As for the whole growl thing here's my two cents:

I can understand Glenn's rule. It keeps Prog Power from escalating into something trendy and lame and allows it to stay true to all us prog fans. HOWEVER, bands like Ensiferum and Wintersun should DEFINITELY be candidates for this fest if Orphaned Land was. All of these bands are very similar in their styles, and Glenn shouldn't ignore bands just because they feature more growls than cleans. We're not talking about getting Necrophagist (an amazing band in their own right) or Vital Remans (another great band) for Prog Power (not like either band would really fit well), but some power/prog bands that subscribe to the growling style a bit more than most. That's what the oddball category is for, and if Glenn ONLY booked bands with clean vocals he would end up loosing attendees. Bringing a little diversity is nothing bad at all. After all, the fest IS called PROG/power, not reg/power.

Also let me add that Ensiferum might be much harder for Glenn to get than Wintersun because Prog Power never had a Spinefarm band, but has had Nuclear Blast bands. Spinefarm are a pain in the ass to work with. The only Spinefarm only band that EVER toured the US was Children Of Bodom, and that was because of the two year deal they had with Century Media.

Errm, I think ProgPower USA has had at least one Spinefarm band perform, and Glenn has talked with at least one or two others.

In fact, I think a certain Spinefarm 'reaper-dude in charge' has been at ProgPower before...... :heh:

Pellaz said:
Errm, I think ProgPower USA has had at least one Spinefarm band perform, and Glenn has talked with at least one or two others.

In fact, I think a certain Spinefarm 'reaper-dude in charge' has been at ProgPower before...... :heh:

Yeah, Nightwish is on Spinefarm aren't they? And are you referring to Alexi Laiho? I'd actually find that surprising since I know Alexi is very much not into progressive or powermetal (he's stated his distaste for Dream Theater, and has been quoted as saying "I don't care what kind of metal people want to call us as long as its not powermetal").

Yngvai X said:
Yeah, Nightwish is on Spinefarm aren't they? And are you referring to Alexi Laiho? I'd actually find that surprising since I know Alexi is very much not into progressive or powermetal (he's stated his distaste for Dream Theater, and has been quoted as saying "I don't care what kind of metal people want to call us as long as its not powermetal").

Nightwish was with Century Media in the USA when they did prog power. Actually, they might even have been with Roadrunner..

Either way, Spinefarm is their European label.

Edit: I hope Glenn is reading this and sees the demand for both bands!

3DimensionalAperture said:
Nightwish was with Century Media in the USA when they did prog power. Actually, they might even have been with Roadrunner..

Either way, Spinefarm is their European label.

But their tour-manager at ProgPower was Ewo, who basically is Spinefarm. :headbang: (He also portrayed the reaper in CoB's video for "Everytime I Die.")

Glenn considered CoB waybackwhen, and also was wanting to get Sonata Arctica. (As I recall, the latter fell through because they toured the US before PP, and hence the 'neetness factor' was gone.)

cantharsis said:
Me too big fan of both, but TYR fits better.:headbang: :heh:

No! Ensiferum fits better than all 3. Ensiferum is good that they're better than themselves. They constantly strive for perfection, and they're so damn HEROIC! I would come to progpower if it just consisted of Ensiferum and some other good band, i.e. Nightwish

Ensiferum will rocksorz your sockorz

Tyr? Love them. But I think that all 3 of these bands do not fit the Prog or Power idea. If Glen decides to do that then fine. But it would seem strange. BTW... all 3 of these bands we contacted about HC2. But, could not do it. :( for some reason.

MisterMayhem said:
Tyr? Love them. But I think that all 3 of these bands do not fit the Prog or Power idea. If Glen decides to do that then fine. But it would seem strange. BTW... all 3 of these bands we contacted about HC2. But, could not do it. :( for some reason.

HC3? ;)

Megawozniak said:
No! Ensiferum fits better than all 3. Ensiferum is good that they're better than themselves. They constantly strive for perfection, and they're so damn HEROIC! I would come to progpower if it just consisted of Ensiferum and some other good band, i.e. Nightwish

Ensiferum will rocksorz your sockorz

Your Ensiferum fanboy-ness surpasses even mine. I bow to you.:worship: