It happens every year.....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Another day..another roster change....

I lost the returning band (for the second time). Time to go in a different direction with the possiblity of a no-repeat lineup. However, that could change as I still have not confirmed the previously mentioned headliner slot.

Back to the drawing board....

Glenn H.

P.S. I should be here around "8:00pm EST" if you want to drop by and say hello.

Maybe tell us what the band's name rhymes with? Haa...

It's probably better that we don't know who the band is actually, so that we aren't moaning in agony over what could have been. Now at the show we won't be listening to the replacement band going "man, I can't believe we could have been listening to _________ right now!"

For the record though, I agree with Riceloft. I really hope it wasn't Mercenary.

Oh well, my feeling is that for the moment, you are better off to not have repeats. Although this gets increasingly more difficult, there are a million bands that the ProgPower masses would die to see before we have any repeated bands.

I guess that leaves room for Running Wild and Pretty Maids now, right? Right? :)

Harvester said:

I lost the returning band (for the second time). Time to go in a different direction with the possiblity of a no-repeat lineup. However, that could change as I still have not confirmed the previously mentioned headliner slot.

Glenn H.

Call the fellas in Mercenary ;) There is so much Mercenary love for those guys right now. It seems like I am seeing their name mentioned quite frequently in this forum.

Britt

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Well, thanks for telling us

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

With all of the festivals and tours popping up I knew something could happen. Whether it was Mercenary or Pagan's Mind or one of the other fine bands of the past it is best kept quiet. :yuk: Any chance of Behemoth filling the slot? :D :headbang:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Glen,

You say you lost the band for the second time. Is that the second time on this show? Or once before this show? Do you have a reserve pre-lined up or do you start shopping from scratch? And what is the stsutus on the vacant headlining slot? Are you waiting on an answer from a band or are you still shopping for that?

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Wow, that's a bummer, but I guess that's typical of putting on an event like this. Thanks for sharing the ups and downs with us, if not the names. ;)
Well, I'd sure give anything to see Mercenary too, but we interviewed Kral last week, and though we did NOT ask him about ProgPower (not trying to cheat!) we did ask him about his touring plans. Well, unless he's a master of deception, it doesn't look like they have anything lined up for the U.S. ... yet. He said Century Media wants to see how things go when 11 Dreams is released here (tomorrow, btw) and then see about a tour. He said they VERY much want to come over and play for the U.S. fans.

We should have the interview up within the week. I'll post the link when we do.

Hey, Glenn, he told us about the guitar incident at PP4. Very classy move. He was still so impressed. :worship: